Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In the form I have to fill out for this it asks for 'home faculty'. Does anyone know what this is?

ReputationRep:
    Arts, Humanities, Social sciences etc. Go to your uni website and type "faculties" into the search facility. It should give you a complete list and you'll be able to see where you belong.

ReputationRep:
    Or as a general guide to the most popular subjects:

Faculty of Science
    Biology
    Physics
    Chemistry
    Maths
    Earth Sciences *I think*
    Computer Science

Faculty of Social Sciences
    Geography
    Anthropology
    Sociology
    Healthcare-related courses
    Politics/Government/International Affairs
    Law (I think)
    Psychology

Faculty of Arts
    History
    English
    Modern Languages?
    Classics
    Music
    Theology/Religion

*Edit* But please do double check, this is a rough guide for Durham University, so may (and probably will) differ between universities

ReputationRep:
    Ta muchly. My bro guessed and came up with the same thing. I'm doing psychology and criminology so I'm guessing that comes under social sciences????

ReputationRep:
    Yeah would have thought so, but probably best to check. At Bristol, some subjects such as law and engineering are faculties in their own right.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, and at Bristol Psychology is part of the Science faculty, so it's possible that it's not part of Social Sciences at yours either.

ReputationRep:
    Ta muchly. I looked it up and it was health and sciences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    Yeah would have thought so, but probably best to check. At Bristol, some subjects such as law and engineering are faculties in their own right.
    Yeah actually Law is a separate department at Durham too....and I think Engineering may be also. It's quite appropriate, because all the Lawyers and Engineers are all quite unique characters (well, the ones I know are!)

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.