Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-5...41-W-SP-07.pdf

That's for the book list and syllabus for when you take the exams in 2007!

Good luck all!

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah thats for AQA!

ReputationRep:
    O right cool, thanks mate!

ReputationRep:
    That's really useful.

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to troll this thread, but that link isn't very helpful and I don't really want people to waste their time. Firstly, not only are there two specifications for AQA English Literature A-Level, but there are also many different examining boards. Secondly, you only study 1 book from each module, so until you know what books your teacher intends on teaching you, you still won't know which books to read.

ReputationRep:
    That link is helpful because I've gotton through a few of the 5 novels that we are expected to read. It gives you some idea of what kind of literature that will be studied. Also, it has more than just a book list on that link if you look at it.
    Finally, you can at least have a look at some of the books before you intend to study them. You don't know exactly which ones, but you can at least look at the novels or read over the summer all of the novel books during the summer, before you actually start the course which will be helpful since you have about 6/7 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    It may be helpful to you, but not if you're doing the OCR syllabus, for example. How can it give you an idea of what literature you'll be studying, if you take another syllabus with totally different periods/types of literature on the reading list? All syllabus' are different, except for the compulsary Shakespeare unit. Even then you've got 30+ plays available for study. Unless of course, you're suggesting you read every book on every syllabus over the holidays?

Your link is helpful to those doing the AQA Specification A syllabus, but no-one else. I just want to make that point clear.

ReputationRep:
    You try to help and thats what you get....!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by froggymills)
    You try to help and thats what you get....!
    And I thought I was trolling this thread. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well, I know my sixth form college is teaching:

'Spies' by Michael Frayn
    'The Worlds Wife' poetry by Carl Anne Duffy
    'A Woman of no Importance' by Oscar Wilde
    'King Richard 2nd' Shakespeare

You're best asking your school what books they're teaching, I'm sure they'd tell you, I'm going to get these over the summer.

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure how much you really need to do before you actually start the course. I guess if you get ahead then you can focus on your other subjects for a bit but considering you're only going to do about 4 texts in the year you really have plenty of time. From my experience you will just get frustrated when you sit in class and they go through it if you have already been over it too much. Having said that me and a couple of friends did the drama text while everyone else was still on poetry and that was helpful because the second part of the year is a lot more stressful than the first and thats where you really need the extra breathing space.

ReputationRep:
    I thought about looking into my subjects a bit before I start college but then I decdied that the teachers probably know much better how to teach me what I need to know, and that if I did anything now they might teach me using different methods, which would just confuse me.

Moreover, I just couldn't be bothered.

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.