Turn on thread page Beta

Are islams "teachings" to blame for suicide bombings? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    hm... i see your point - i was under the impression that the thread maker was suggesting islam is the reason why suicide bombing exsists today...
    ah no

I am just seeing whether islam causes an obsession beyond the value of a persons life....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melbourne)
    i can honestly say that of all the muslim people that i know, in my opinion they take their religion too seriously
    I concur, what is the point in following a religion if you aren't going to take it "too seriosuly". Were you just meant to treat it as a trivial issue? Religion is basically a law in which believers are meant to be abide by.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    well i guess it really depends what your opinion is?
    if they obey it, does that mean they take it too seriously? or are they doing something extra which makes you think they take it too seriously?
    gd post

To be honest i think going on a fast is dangerous, my friends who did it were starting to feel very weak and i think this can be very dangerous, especially for people such as drivers.

Being an atheist it does annoy me that people do such silly things where there is still no concludable existence for god. There still isnt any existence (to my knowledge) that jesus ever existed.

This is a fact..............

There is more evidence for the existence of aliens than there is for god, yet people are killing harmless people over it simply because they feel their religion is being "threatened"......... :confused:

What was the reasoning behind 9/11 from al qeada? I dont know so im just asking........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam_boy)
    Religion is basically a law in which believers are meant to be abide by.
    if that is so, then surely religion is bad because it is overriding our basic principles of law and order

by what you said, people in britain are living by different laws, and the people following them actually believe they're in the right!!! that is actually worrying.

ReputationRep:
    theres a lot of interpretation in religion... which gives so much varation even in one typed religion... eg many types of muslims, christians etc...

Islamic law is very basic IMO... it was never made to be 'live exactly like this and that' many laws are simple like do not steal - is that not similar to laws today?

if you can find me a drastic comparision between an islamic law and a english law... i might consider looking at 'religion being bad'

ReputationRep:
    melbourne, how precisely to you come of the view that the koran, or their god, tells them to kill the west, or whatever it you say they are told to do?If you are not muslim, and know nothing about the religion, as you seemingly do not, then please dont make statements like this, they make you look silly.

Has noone ever thought about the fact that islam is one of the largest religions in the world? i think only christianity is bigger.i know that it is the fastest growing religion.so if this religion is all about murdering the west, why then arent we all dead yet?why are there millions of muslim people embracing western culture?

the small, simple fact is that these bombers were psychopaths.they are born bad, with no empathy towards humans.only a person with no empathy for human life could sit on a bus, looking round at the granny who needs help getting on, the mum with the baby crying, the chav on her mobile, and KNOW htat they are going to blow them to bits any second.

these people are then drawn into the terrorist school.these types of schools appeal to these types of people.people who are already ill in the mind.it is then easy to indoctrinate them with hateful views of the west.islam does not condone murder.it is against suicide.the people who bombed are sick fanatics.

another thing has to be taken into account.bush and blair wanted a war.they have called this whole charade a WAR.a war has 2 sides.one side is much smaller and weaker than the other.one side has no weapons of mass destruction.it has no kind of army.it has not high tech weaponry whatsoever.so, how does this side fight back in this WAR, which requires 2 sides? count the options people.we wanted a darn war, and a war is what we now have.
    lets not forget that we have killed many of their innocent too.lets think of the death and destruction the people who are petrol- bombing mosques are engaging in. are these people not as bad as the bombers themselvea?anyone who can kill and destroy in such a blase manner is evil in my opinion.

if this was an attack on the westernw ay of live, then answer these questions for me. why are there so many uslims in britain and america if they hate the way of life? why has canada, germany, sweden, france, and many other westernised countries been left out.maybe it is because these countries had no particiption in the iraq war, or in afghanistan.italy will be next i say, and any other country who helped kill hundreds pf thousands of "their" people.
    murder should never be condoned in any way, and thats gos for both sides.RIP all casualties of this war that bush so wanted to have.......

ps, i am not a muslim, or indeed any religion, in fact i despise most organised religion.just showing that there is support out there for all the muslims who feel isolated a uilty right now, when there is no need to be.

ReputationRep:
    The tamil tigers use suicide bombers. Kamikaze Japanese pilot did a similar type of thing. When people feel like their entire nation is under threat they will give their lives if they feel there is no viable alternative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    The tamil tigers use suicide bombers. Kamikaze Japanese pilot did a similar type of thing. When people feel like their entire nation is under threat they will give their lives if they feel there is no viable alternative.
    So because some people rob for fun, it would be wrong to suggest drugs is the main motivating factor for the majority of cases?

P.S. Kamikaze pilots never prefered juicy civillians going about their daily activities with children in tow, over military targets with at least a fighting chance, during the heat of battle - as far as I know - so it isn't really fair to consider them terrorists.

well ive just voted yes

I think that it is this religion that causes them not to care about the consequences of their actions.

We all know muslims are probably the most devout followers of their religion. For some muslims they will place religion before law (which is totally wrong). This means tha ttheir whole world revolves around god. So they will do ANYTHING that they believe god tells them, and if this is to destroy the west (dont ask me how god tells them this, not even i know that lol) then they will do it.
    There have been Sikh suicide attacks i believe.
    You cna have fundementalists of any religion. And indeed, would be foolish to believe that another religion isn't going to spring up to appeal to the disenfranchised out there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    You cna have fundementalists of any religion. And indeed, would be foolish to believe that another religion isn't going to spring up to appeal to the disenfranchised out there.
    I think the first ever suicide bomber was an American Anarchist who tried to blow up a senator.

ReputationRep:
    if that is so, then surely religion is bad because it is overriding our basic principles of law and order

by what you said, people in britain are living by different laws, and the people following them actually believe they're in the right!!! that is actually worrying.
    If a British Law coincided with a certain article of my faith, which law would I adhere to you think? Of course, the law of my faith.

ReputationRep:
    so it isn't really fair to consider them terrorists.
    I don't, I'm just saying they still committed suicide.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh only because they bread like rats!
    thats a disgusting opinion =/ now muslims shouldnt have children?
    prefer id rather have large muslim FAMILIES - then a bunch of teen pregancies which have little or no family support

The koran says anyone not born into a religion is automatically a muslim, how ignorant is that!!?!?!!
    umm ive never seen that anywhere... could we have a source? (not arguing just want to seeee)

Yes they got a war because Saddam Hussein killed 200,000 of his own people. He was a nutter and if he had nuclear weapons he would use them! We could wipe islam off the face of this earth if we wanted at the click of a finger but we're given them a chance to sort it out!!
    how ignorant is this opinion? as if you have some right to choose who should live =/
    fact remains Saddam did not have any WoMD this time - so why are our troops still there?
    In different parts of the world, different leaders are causing problems for their own people.
    there was the genocide in Ruwanda? (correct me if im wrong)
    also in Chile? again genocide..
    you have a lot of African dictators currently who are not giving full basic human rights to whites etc... and harming their own people
    WHY IS NOTHING BEING DONE THERE?
    and on top of all this, every person has problems... is blowing everything up the ultimate solution? :rolleyes:

We wouldnt have had to invase Iraq or Afghanistan (oh, arent they both muslim countries?) if they hadnt commited such humanitarian attrocities!!
    now if our Governments had used these reasons to invade, i would not argue - but they didnt :rolleyes: they're just using them now because theres no WoMD...
    is there not humanitarian attrocities in Sudan? why is no-one invading there to 'correct them'?

Because our countries are far superior to theirs and they can "leech" off of us!

Let me say it again, its not the muslim people, its their religion thats the problem. Their religion caused humanitarian problems, their religion caused them to have crap homelands and subsequently come here. Then they dont like it when they're told by the west what they're doing is wrong, when the truth is we're right!
    Addressing the first point - coming to a country to earn a living is not 'leeching' its earning your way. This country whated more labour, and so let people immigrate, so i dont see any leeching really oO
    i mean aslong as their contributing to the economy, whats wrong with living here?.

the next point - is it the religion or twisted leaders who abuse their power and cause humanitarian problems? if only Islam existed and no followers, would these problems still occur? i think not... :p:
    so yea my point is that humans are to blame because they cause each action (though they say 'in the name of religion' which is a load of BS in my opinion...)

Do they have 'crap homelands' due to religion or geography? does religion cause droughts and flooding to occur? or did my geography teacher teach me wrong :eek:
    The West in majority has safer conditions (especially UK - some places in USA = cruddy like San francisco...)
    but yea, industrialization caused better living conditions... or are you going to randomly tell me now that islam condemns industralization :p:
    the fact is, the west refuses to allow other 3rd world countries to rapidly advance with their huge interest rated loans and etc etc

oh and finally, no one likes to be told 'they are doing it wrong'
    right and wrong both have a view point... so yea

ReputationRep:
    Yeh only because they bread like rats!

How were they born bad, they were all middle-class muslims!!???

The koran says anyone not born into a religion is automatically a muslim, how ignorant is that!!?!?!!

Yes they got a war because Saddam Hussein killed 200,000 of his own people. He was a nutter and if he had nuclear weapons he would use them! We could wipe islam off the face of this earth if we wanted at the click of a finger but we're given them a chance to sort it out!!

We wouldnt have had to invase Iraq or Afghanistan (oh, arent they both muslim countries?) if they hadnt commited such humanitarian attrocities!!

Because our countries are far superior to theirs and they can "leech" off of us!

Let me say it again, its not the muslim people, its their religion thats the problem. Their religion caused humanitarian problems, their religion caused them to have crap homelands and subsequently come here. Then they dont like it when they're told by the west what they're doing is wrong, when the truth is we're right!
    you poor, poor, mixed up child. I think you meant breed as opposed to bread, but anyway, i wont dignify that certain comment wih a response- it speaks volums about you to say the least, and your type of person cannot often be reasoned with.

when i say born bad, i dont mean in terms of social class, i mean in terms of being born psychopathic. Are you suggesting that if you are born middle-class, you cannot be bad?tell that to the family of the boy who murdered his parents, then spent all of their money taking his girlfriend on trips.

yes, i do believe a lot of their religion is ignorant.but i'm not a muslim, so i willnot comment on it.as i said, i oppose all organised religion, islam, christanity, you name it.all religions are ignorant in the same way- they believe they are right, and everyone else is wrong.tha is what religion is about.believing in absolute truths.it isnt just islam that does this, is it? Dont pretend that because of this small fact, you despise islam, because if this were the case, you would despise christianity too.

HAHA.they got a war because bush wanted to show the world what a big boy he was, noone can mess with him (9/11).two birds with one stone- oil oil oil.Saddam had been commiting these atrocities for decades before.why was he left for so long?the only reason bush reacted was for revenge.he didnt give a toss about the iraqi people.yes, we could wipe away islam, if you mean by bombin the hell out of the countries.is that what you want to hapen then?if so, i am scared for you, and anyone around you.sick.

humanitiarian atrocities are happening all over the world. tell me why noone is helping sudan, and the whole darfur situation.does bush think that the way to help people get over these mass killings is to kill a few hundred thousand more?

you say leech.check the facts about which ethnicity of people does better at school than any other.check the amount of asian millionaires we have in the country.check the amount of asians who own their own businesses in this country.everyone in this ciuntry knows an asian who owns a shop, a chemist, who is a doctor, i could go on.they do not leech, as you say. most of them work hard, because they have hard work ethics, because their religion demands this of them.you talk uninformed, bigoted rubbish.

you cannot separate their religion form them.they practice their religon.allllllllllllll religions cause humanitiarian problems.the sheer amiut of wars caused by religion and beliefs is immense.the fact is, human nature like war, doesnt it.territory, religion, bullying, revenge, no mater what, there will always be wars going on.dot pin it all on islam.

told by the wes what their doing is wrong?what precisely?i thought it was the other way round- i thought they were trying to tell the west that we were wrong?you need to make your mind up.

ReputationRep:
    Do they have 'crap homelands' due to religion or geography? does religion cause droughts and flooding to occur? or did my geography teacher teach me wrong :eek:
    Dind't stop S. Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore etc becoming rich eventhough they have poor geographical locations.

but yea, industrialization caused better living conditions... or are you going to randomly tell me now that islam condemns industralization :p:
    Yes some commentators do believe that.

Koran’s wish for people who have wealth is this

"Let not, therefore, their riches or their children amaze thee. God is only minded to punish them by these, in this life present, and that their souls may depart while they are unbelievers." Sura 9:54
    The Koran is hostile to any kind of wealth or success on this earth. Man is meant to remain humble with only modest earnings. How can business, technology, art, music, or any other form of wealth or happiness develop out of this? Those who “purchase this present life” like this, according to Islam has done so at the price of the afterlife.

the fact is, the west refuses to allow other 3rd world countries to rapidly advance with their huge interest rated loans and etc etc

No with protectionism such as CAP.

ReputationRep:
    Why do we look so narrowly? Thousands of years ago places like Persia, Babylon, Sumeria, Arabia Egypt etc had the most powerful and progressive empires in the world. Progressive in some respects like the many Persian and Arab mathematicians and scientists as well as the welath of Persian poetry, Eqyptian geometry, Persian human rights etc. This is at a time where Britons were running about covered in woad sacrificing things in the name of oak trees. Things go in circles. One day the US will fall and China/India will be the new superpowers.

ReputationRep:
    check the facts about which ethnicity of people does better at school than any other.check the amount of asian millionaires we have in the country.check the amount of asians who own their own businesses in this country.everyone in this ciuntry knows an asian who owns a shop, a chemist, who is a doctor, i could go on.
    I'd like to see the facts you have that say Muslims do the best in school, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    There hasn't been sikh suicide attacks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonD)
    go and take a sociology course then.and i didnt mean muslims necessarily, but asians, which is why i used the term asians.who do far better than any other ethnic groups at school.there is a large gap between the top performers, who are indian and chinese, and west african, and the next groups, whites, afro carribs, and bangladeshis.this is fact.go and look for some stats if you wish.contact the home office.read the haralambos sociology book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonD)
    Read his post again. Unless I've gone blind, he didn't use the word muslim.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.