Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    No, thank goodness. I don't consciously flirt with people at all. If I fancy them it happens automatically.
    How much did you fancy him exactly? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    Me? :confused:

If so, I think you're mistaken.....I'm stalking all the girls in every forum on TSR (and several other boards)....not just the H&R forum! Get your facts straight :p:

aaaaalso - I agree with zhivago here, it's not like you really know him! Fine he'll be disappointed and all that but seriously, you don't know him so be mean for once in your life lol
    No, Lucky. But good luck with your stalking neway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    Nope, my father definitely wasn't my nephew! You're safe
    OK good. I feel better now. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't :p:
    then you almost certainly haven't led him on.

Just go out on date and act really evil. Get him to pay for stuff as well. Then he won't call.
    its a win-win scenario

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    No, Lucky. But good luck with your stalking neway.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    This is going to sound really silly.

On Monday I met this guy at the gym. We were in the jacuzzi and got chatting. Anyway, we were talking for quite a while and getting on well, and arranged to meet for a drink in the bar afterwards. He was nice, about 18 months older than me, working in London and living not very far from where I live. Not really my type though. Anyway, when I went home, we exchanged numbers.

On Tuesday lunchtime he text me, just to ask "What's up?", basically. I think that's what put me off. It wasn't even 24 hours later. I wasn't that keen on him, and I don't really like being pestered. I probably wouldn't have minded if he'd left it a bit longer, but it was SO soon. So I put off texting him back because I didn't want to get drawn into a long text conversation. I was going to do it yesterday, but then I didn't, and I was going to do it today, but then I didn't. Then this evening he called me. I knew it was him before I even looked at my phone. Anyway, I didn't pick up because I wasn't sure what to say. Maybe I'm just weird, but I'd rather someone waited a while before texting, and didn't call at all until we'd seen each other a few times.

Now my problem is, he was nice. And I don't want to just ignore him, because I'll feel mean. On the other hand, I get the feeling that if I text him back, he won't stop texting me. I don't even text my friends anyway. I hardly ever use my phone, it bores me. I don't really want to talk to him on the phone either because I just know it will be awkward. And I don't especially want to go for a drink with him. Don't get me wrong, he's nice enough. I just don't think we hit it off enough.

So what do I do? Should I just ignore him? Or should I text him back and then try and cool it off gradually, before it even starts? Or what? I don't know. I'm confused. :confused:

Help!

Edit: also, if I just ignore him, you can bet your life I'll bump into him again at the gym. I have this knack....
    you on contract or top up?
    text him from ur mum or bro/sisters fone saying its u and u run outta credit and ull see him at the gym soon..... that way itl give u time till u see him at the gym and u wont have to text him and keep a convo going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    you on contract or top up?
    text him from ur mum or bro/sisters fone saying its u and u run outta credit and ull see him at the gym soon..... that way itl give u time till u see him at the gym and u wont have to text him and keep a convo going.
    far too much effort to do that...it'd come across as tho she was trying.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I don't want to lead him on at all....

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I don't want to lead him on at all....
    oh... i didnt realise that at all,,, i always reply to my texts...
    then id text back tomro saying oh sorry i missed ur call all is good here nothing new, jus abt to go (put something there e,g, shopping) hope all is cool with u, see u at the gym soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Herleif Arkadios)
    then you almost certainly haven't led him on.

Just go out on date and act really evil. Get him to pay for stuff as well. Then he won't call.
    its a win-win scenario
    I dont know about that first comment, any girl talking to me is a momentous occasion, there might be others like me out there

second point: way i heard it (think it was on new tricks) if its a date then the bloke pays for it, if it friends then you go dutch.

My god have i stumbled across something sensible there?

ReputationRep:
    No, my ex and I always went dutch. Then we went home and had passionate sex. :p:

Very platonic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    I dont know about that first comment, any girl talking to me is a momentous occasion, there might be others like me out there

second point: way i heard it (think it was on new tricks) if its a date then the bloke pays for it, if it friends then you go dutch.

My god have i stumbled across something sensible there?
    Go dutch? Isn't that where you both take your underwear off and throw it at the waiter's head? Whilst he's distracted you escape

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jd27)
    Go dutch? Isn't that where you both take your underwear off and throw it at the waiter's head? Whilst he's distracted you escape
    Yeah but careful - they can trace you using DNA samples from the hair on your underwear

ReputationRep:
    Not if you get a full wax :p:

ReputationRep:
    Not if you get a full wax :p:
    Even the guy? :eek: No thankyou!!!!!

Well then....flakes of skin :p:

Or just take along a nice clean pair of underpants to throw at the waiter

ReputationRep:
    Why is it noone takes my posts seriously?

Oh yeah: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t131017.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    Why is it noone takes my posts seriously?

Oh yeah: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t131017.html
    lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    No, going dutch is where you put ch into every word with an s in and wait for stuff all the time.

Also smoking a ton of dope and having sex with a donkey is considered normal as part of such an arrangement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    No, going dutch is where you put ch into every word with an s in and wait for stuff all the time.

Also smoking a ton of dope and having sex with a donkey is considered normal as part of such an arrangement.
    Oh, so I'd say I'm about 50% Dutch already then

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.