Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    lol :p:
    Hey I applied for Trevelyan.

They rejected me :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    No, going dutch is where you put ch into every word with an s in and wait for stuff all the time.

Also smoking a ton of dope and having sex with a donkey is considered normal as part of such an arrangement.
    oh!

I thought my uncle was just odd...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)

Really? Gutted!! It's such a cool place too

Did you not get passed on to another college or what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    Even the guy? :eek: No thankyou!!!!!

Well then....flakes of skin :p:

Or just take along a nice clean pair of underpants to throw at the waiter
    Or steal the waiter's underpants and throw them at him. Then all they'll find is his own DNA!

Well we managed to get the barman's underpants on my friend Rachel's hen night...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)

on that subject, i got shunned by collingwood

didnt want to go there anyway :p: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    Or steal the waiter's underpants and throw them at him. Then all they'll find is his own DNA!

Well we managed to get the barman's underpants on my friend Rachel's hen night...
    Interesting :rolleyes:

Maybe we'll have to test this sometime. When I'm next in a restaurant I will contemplate doing this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    Really? Gutted!! It's such a cool place too

Did you not get passed on to another college or what?
    No took utter total complete rejection! Got rejected on an open the previous year.

Am going to Bristol with susiemakemeblue instead (which is of course better neway cos otherwise she might get annoyed with me )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Herleif Arkadios)
    on that subject, i got shunned by collingwood

didnt want to go there anyway :p: :cool:
    lol collingwood is nice but they love themselves way too much, and it's a massive college that is more of a hotel than a community! :p:

Though saying that I have 2 very good friends from Collingwood (though one of them did apply to Trevs but got referred to Collingwood instead lol!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    Interesting :rolleyes:

Maybe we'll have to test this sometime. When I'm next in a restaurant I will contemplate doing this
    Yes, donkeys dont usually fit in restaurants do they?

Although the Weatherspoons in Winchester is probably big enough.

Hmmmm [plan forms - then sanity returns]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    lol collingwood is nice but they love themselves way too much, and it's a massive college that is more of a hotel than a community! :p:

Though saying that I have 2 very good friends from Collingwood (though one of them did apply to Trevs but got referred to Collingwood instead lol!)
    staying in a hotel for 3 years...

i could live with that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    No took utter total complete rejection! Got rejected on an open the previous year.

Am going to Bristol with susiemakemeblue instead (which is of course better neway cos otherwise she might get annoyed with me )
    Cool.....I didn't even apply to Bristol....it's got one of the best Geography departments in the country (about the same as Durham tho!, and I do geog!) and I didn't even know the uni existed oops!

Got to Durham and everyones like "Yeah I applied to Bristol as well" I'm like "Really? Why?" lol

ReputationRep:
    On durham again, i probs would have gone with bristol neway, cos i cant be arsed with the travel and the total isolation from current friends i waould have if i went oop north.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)

Of course Bristol's better. You have to eat school dinners at Durham, that's why I didn't apply there. Also because of the cold.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)

Of course donkeys fit in restaurants. Just needs to be a big restaurant :rolleyes: THINK ABOUT IT!!!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    Cool.....I didn't even apply to Bristol....it's got one of the best Geography departments in the country (about the same as Durham tho!, and I do geog!) and I didn't even know the uni existed oops!

Got to Durham and everyones like "Yeah I applied to Bristol as well" I'm like "Really? Why?" lol
    Should have just got the times league table and whacked in the top 6 like i did. then the following year put in 7, 8, 9 and 10 instead of the ones which rejected me the year before

I wonder why i got 3 offers in 2 years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)

The 'Spoons in Winchester is more than big enough...

Couldn't get a donkey in the Porthouse though.

Not that I frequent the Porthouse...

ReputationRep:
    Of course Bristol's better. You have to eat school dinners at Durham, that's why I didn't apply there. Also because of the cold.
    Yeah you have to eat school dinners...though not really that bad, but I guess I would rather have self-catered accomodation. Though it does mean we get formal meals and all that

And it's not that cold. Well OK in the winter it's freezing but when it gets to the summer you wouldn't think "Oh it's much hotter down south!" lol

And Durham is so much better than Bristol!!!

ReputationRep:
    Durham had snow this year, and we didn't And Bristol's just wet. Very very wet. (At least the first term was). It was glorious in summer though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    Should have just got the times league table and whacked in the top 6 like i did. then the following year put in 7, 8, 9 and 10 instead of the ones which rejected me the year before

I wonder why i got 3 offers in 2 years?
    Never really pay much attention to league tables to be honest with you. I just went where I felt was a good university for me. The open day really caught me

I got, erm, 11 offers in 2 years. First time around rejected by Cambridge, second time around I had some fun with my application and applied for things like "Applied Genetics" at Manchester Uni hehehe...just because I knew I'd get into Durham. Though I would've been buggered if I was wrong. (I got crap A-level grades first time round so had to resit some of them which is why I had to apply twice!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Pollo Diablo)
    Durham had snow this year, and we didn't And Bristol's just wet. Very very wet. (At least the first term was). It was glorious in summer though.
    Yup we got lots and lots of snow!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.