Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    Yeah you have to eat school dinners...though not really that bad, but I guess I would rather have self-catered accomodation. Though it does mean we get formal meals and all that

And it's not that cold. Well OK in the winter it's freezing but when it gets to the summer you wouldn't think "Oh it's much hotter down south!" lol

And Durham is so much better than Bristol!!!
    School dinners scarred me for life. Never again. And I nearly froze to death in York, in April. Which, incidentally, is one of the reasons why I'm going to Bristol. Durham is even closer to the North Pole than York is.

Bristol is SO much better than Durham. Pah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    School dinners scarred me for life. Never again. And I nearly froze to death in York, in April. Which, incidentally, is one of the reasons why I'm going to Bristol. Durham is even closer to the North Pole than York is.

Bristol is SO much better than Durham. Pah.
    Living in the north would toughen you southerners up a bit (maybe....I have some southern friends in Durham and they're all wimpy in the cold lol) :p:

And anyway, Bristol is poo

ReputationRep:
    Why is Bristol poo? Did they reject you?

ReputationRep:
    DURHAM SUX (as does Edinburgh, Nottingham, KCL, LSE, Oxford, Cambridge and I'll throw in York cos i rejected them twice).

However, pints are one hell of a lot cheaper up there

ReputationRep:
    Unless you go to Badock Bar - £1 a pint

ReputationRep:
    I rejected York. And Nottingham, Birmingham, Reading, Exeter and Cardiff. Would sound far more impressive if I'd applied to completely different and more prestigious ones second time around though.

ReputationRep:
    Why is Bristol poo? Did they reject you?
    Hehehe I was just kidding, I know it's a good uni....and no they didn't reject me, as I mentioned before I didn't even apply as I wasn't aware of Bristol's reputation when I applied to UCAS (yes, I'm an idiot lol)....otherwise I may have applied, attended an open day, and went!

Though I doubt it, I love Durham so much, especially the collegiate system

Also on the rejecting of not-so-good universities - the ones I chose were so random that I don't even remember which ones I applied to! Apart from Durham and Leeds which were my only 2 serious applications hehe. And a Manchester - the Metropolitan one...though that wasn't serious! I think maybe Cardiff too hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    Hehehe I was just kidding, I know it's a good uni....and no they didn't reject me, as I mentioned before I didn't even apply as I wasn't aware of Bristol's reputation when I applied to UCAS (yes, I'm an idiot lol)....otherwise I may have applied, attended an open day, and went!

Though I doubt it, I love Durham so much, especially the collegiate system

Also on the rejecting of not-so-good universities - the ones I chose were so random that I don't even remember which ones I applied to! Apart from Durham and Leeds which were my only 2 serious applications hehe. And a Manchester - the Metropolitan one...though that wasn't serious! I think maybe Cardiff too hehe
    I'll be happy as long as they put me in the halls I want.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be happy as long as they put me in the halls I want.
    Why wouldn't they? Offer them a bribe

ReputationRep:
    There's always Corrugated Hills

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    There's always Corrugated Hills
    Sounds delightful Really wish I'd applied to Bristol now

ReputationRep:
    But I want my nice ensuite bathroom with heated towel rail!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    Sounds delightful Really wish I'd applied to Bristol now
    He means the halls made of cardboard boxes which we plan to build ourselves if we don't get the accommodation we want and they try to stick us somewhere awful.

ReputationRep:
    But I want my nice ensuite bathroom with heated towel rail!
    Incidentally, how could you tell they were heated?

ReputationRep:
    He means the halls made of cardboard boxes which we plan to buil ourselves if we don't get the accommodation we want and they try to stick us somewhere awful.
    LOL....surely no proper accomodation could be worse than a pile of cardboard boxes? Especially in Bristol...the "windy city" :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Pollo Diablo)
    Incidentally, how could you tell they were heated?
    If you put your hand on it and it burns then its heated :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    If you put your hand on it and it burns then its heated :p:

But I meant....oh never mind
    *crawls back into hovel*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    LOL....surely no proper accomodation could be worse than a pile of cardboard boxes? Especially in Bristol...the "windy city" :p:
    I plan to get some plastic sheeting and some heavy weights to hold it all down, plus will have prime location next to the uni building (well round the back).

Now all i need to do is work out how to get people to give me money for living there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Pollo Diablo)

But I meant....oh never mind
    *crawls back into hovel*
    Sorry, couldnt resist :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    Sorry, couldnt resist :rolleyes:

Btw, if you want to build your cardboard community, the downs are nice. You'll get raped and mugged every night, but still - it's green space.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Who is going to be the top scorer of the World Cup in 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.