Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack_Bauer)
    ooooh..i hate baked beans... how can u eat that ? its not the bean its the sauce i hate...

way too sweet
    I've noticed Britons are quite fond of baked beans. However, as I foreigner, I must ask: Isn't it possible to buy other kinds of canned beans in Britain?! For instance, I kind of enjoy kidney beans, black beans, large white beans, red beans, and black-eyed beans, which are all very versatile and with high protein content (but without the sugary sauce). How would the price of these compare to baked beans?!

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tangsiuje)
    I've noticed Britons are quite fond of baked beans. However, as I foreigner, I must ask: Isn't it possible to buy other kinds of canned beans in Britain?! For instance, I kind of enjoy kidney beans, black beans, large white beans, red beans, and black-eyed beans, which are all very versatile and with high protein content (but without the sugary sauce). How would the price of these compare to baked beans?!

Of course you can buy those! Price - about the same. Cheaper is you buy 'home' brands.

ReputationRep:
    It's all about the reduced price Tesco ready meals. I would simply do a regular walk around the various supermarkets looking for reduced bits and bobs and eat a feast every evening. Probably not healthy though. :p:

It's my plan to pressgang the freshers into cooking for me next year, hehe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tangsiuje)

You can get them. Kidney beans are gorgeous. Anyway it's a bit harder to find them in a value tin. But tescos has a good range of then in the own brand (but unfortunatly I haven't seen them in the no frills range) They are more expensive though. Well you can get a tin of them for about 9p. Should be under a pound for a tin though, somewhere around 50p-ish

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2005
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.