Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody else had it? Got it? Know about it?
    I just been diagnosed with it though they are veriying it with a blood test that they did today, which wouldn't really bother me...but I fainted which was weird?
    My doctor hasn't told me anything about it, any words of wisdom from the forum?

(Original post by Danithestudent)
    I just been diagnosed with it though they are veriying it with a blood test that they did today, which wouldn't really bother me...but I fainted which was weird?
    Its very hard to make a diagnosis without the actual blood serum results. I remember having all the symptoms and more of glandular fever, and it coming back negative.
    J

ReputationRep:
    Erm... one of my friends got really sick with it, lost all his confidence, and was a total wreck for years.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind really, I'd rather have it now during my gap year than when I started Uni or during my A-Levels that really counted but it's the fact I've not been able to hold down food for days, today I ate a mince pie. This probably explains the faintnes after the blood was taken but I'm really scared of losing loads of weight really fast cuz that could really damage my body

I wouldn't mind really, I'd rather have it now during my gap year than when I started Uni or during my A-Levels that really counted but it's the fact I've not been able to hold down food for days, today I ate a mince pie. This probably explains the faintnes after the blood was taken but I'm really scared of losing loads of weight really fast cuz that could really damage my body
    Fainting would be owing to the low blood sugar level. Throwing up is not associated with glandular fever. As the guy above said, the main symptoms are tiredness and this often leads to depression. Im sure you all know the disease is caused by Epstein-Barr virus (a virus very related to herpes). so antibiotics dont help.
    If you have got glandular fever, its likely you have something else too. Just make sure that if you're given antibiotics (you may have a secondary bacterial infection) that you dont get Ampicillin. From what I know of my virology (and i know a ****ing lot) it causes a bad reaction giving a bloody itchy rash.
    J

ReputationRep:
    I've got it and it hasnt made me lose weight

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/ask_doct...ar_fever.shtml

helpful link. And theres loads of stuff if you google it.

ReputationRep:
    i had 3 bad cases of acute tonsilitus which ive never had before in my life. after the third case they booked me in for a blood test because they feared that i may have glandular fever. the day after the blood test it came back positive. there is nothing they can give you because it is viral. ive taken a turn for the worst today with my spleen becoming overenlarged meaning i may have to go into hospital if i do not improve over the day. its going to get worse i know and im dreading those days but for the time being im livin as much as i can spending time with those that i can and counting the days that i will be put into hospital because i no 4 a fact that it ent gna get any better in a hurry

ReputationRep:
    ahhhhhh diseased

sorry.

ReputationRep:
    my friend has glandular fever, she gets really tired and just falls asleep all the time. She didnt come to school for 6 months, and shes lost a lot of weight and just generally looks really weak. She goes to the hospital every other day for tests. I feel really sorry for her.

ReputationRep:
    its not nice i feel like **** n all i can do is sleep. when i do get up its only for about 4hours then i have 2 sleep again really takes ur energy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babygirlzara)
    its not nice i feel like **** n all i can do is sleep. when i do get up its only for about 4hours then i have 2 sleep again really takes ur energy
    aww, i know how you feel, i stayed with my friend for a long time, she was in hospital for a long time aswell and she literally fell asleep wherever she could.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    aww, i know how you feel, i stayed with my friend for a long time, she was in hospital for a long time aswell and she literally fell asleep wherever she could.
    i no wot ur sayin i was only diagnosed it on tuesday n ive been goin downhill ever since i found out. deyve sed my spleen n liver r effectd n av both bcum swollen i gta b careful coz contact sports cud rupture my spleen n alcohol cud do summin 2 my liver obviously it sux i mite av 2 spend xmas in hospital

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for sounding stupid, but how do you get glandular fever and what does it do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Sorry for sounding stupid, but how do you get glandular fever and what does it do?
    through kissing I would guess.

ReputationRep:

My friend has glandular fever at the moment, the doc said its cos she shares her water bottle around with everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babygal)
    My friend has glandular fever at the moment, the doc said its cos she shares her water bottle around with everyone
    possibility, or through kissing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    possibility, or through kissing

lol yeh she does that a lot as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    through kissing I would guess.
    yeah but what does it do to your body? does it just cause inflammation or something?

ReputationRep:
    u say it was kissin etc bt ive only bin kissin my long term bf n hes neva had it he got tested incase i got it frm him bt he came bak negative n i came bak positive also i dnt drink @ skool only frm my own bottle wich i wnt share bcoz ppl av a habit of backwashin wich is sik - sumtimes it jst develops in2 it i dno im jst da 1 sufferin

ReputationRep:
    yeah but what does it do to your body? does it just cause inflammation or something?
    wit me its caused my liver and spleejn to bcum swollen n inflammed i cnt do ne sports or drink alcohol bcoz dey will rupture or summin like dat

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2004
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.