The Student Room Group
Reply 1
akk713
So what do you think of this college boys and girls? Never (rarely) heard of anyone mentioning it... is it not popular? I applied there for engineering and I went there to be interviewed. It is such a wonderful place! Spacious college, beautiful environment, really nice people!

Downing is actually a really popular college - I know about 15 people from my school applying there - that's loads! One girl applied there for engineering too :smile:
I go to Downing (to study Economics). It is a really nice college, great lawns and people (and some of the rooms are fantastic). Definitely made the right choice, akk713.
Reply 3
From what I've heard, it's got a pretty good medicine/natsci/engineering reputation. Looked beautiful when I went and had a look.
Reply 4
Great college for biological NatScis - right on the sites of all the biological lectures theatres so you could get up really late - well relatively late, when you have 9 o'clocks:smile: That, I suspect, is why it's popular for (and therefore good at, because they have many more candidates to choose from) sciences. (Speaking as a lazy student who has her priorities right!)

Engineers have to go a bit further afield, I think, so don't use closeness to lecture theatres as a criterion if you're applying for engineering! It is a very pretty college and very big; I think it has a bit of a reputation for being hardcore-sporty, because I think the rugby players went there. (This being at the time when Land Economy was the course offered to decent rugby players if they got DDE at A level... not that I'm knocking it nowadays, it's a good course!) Anyway. Downing was too big for me but it is indeed very pretty and academically strong. And oh so close to lectures... *sigh*
Reply 5
i applied to Downing to do History but got rejected *gutted*.
it was really lovely tho!!
Reply 6
Insular. Apparently.
Anyone know if its good for SPS?
Downing is a nice college, good accommodation and v near science. It was the college I applied to for my PhD.

Latest

Trending

Trending