Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    It takes women 9 months to become fertile again after having sex (from a biological perspective, ie assuming no contraceptives etc exist). for men it takes a mattger of hours. to increase the better chance of the survival of the human race, the man is obliged to go around every few hours, spreading his seed (again i'm talking pure biology, not from a social perspective), but if he has already had sex with his chosen partner, it will be another 9 months before he will be able to (procreatively / evolutionary view) have sex with her again, so he is obliged to sleep around.
    let me guess - u do psychology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    Well it certainly isn't sociology lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    basic biology facts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love_4_ducks)
    Has any one noticed that if a girl sleeps around or cheats on some one then she is called a whore or a slut etc, but if a lad does the same he is a big hero with his mates. why is this does anyone know.
    i don't sleep around. By the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    i don't sleep around. By the way.
    Who is the person in your avatar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Who is the person in your avatar?
    me can't u tell?

ReputationRep:
    me can't u tell?
    sadly im only joking, it's tori amos.

ReputationRep:
    it's probably because getting laid for women is a choice, for men its a chore. Even the ugliest bird if she puts out enough can get laid whereas for a bloke it is a status symbol as in most cases it is hard to do (if you have standards).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    it's probably because getting laid for women is a choice, for men its a chore. Even the ugliest bird if she puts out enough can get laid whereas for a bloke it is a status symbol as in most cases it is hard to do (if you have standards).
    True. "Women can get laid whenever they want, men have to find a willing woman first." - Some female off one of those late night shows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Some female off one of those late night shows.
    whats this? some late night naughty tv action?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    whats this? some late night naughty tv action?
    lol, clearly...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    True. "Women can get laid whenever they want, men have to find a willing woman first." - Some female off one of those late night shows.
    ok but y do us gals get called sluts when lads are all heros?

ReputationRep:
    Has any one noticed that if a girl sleeps around or cheats on some one then she is called a whore or a slut etc, but if a lad does the same he is a big hero with his mates. why is this does anyone know.
    no

ReputationRep:
    ok but y do us gals get called sluts when lads are all heros?
    one of life's little mysteries...

ReputationRep:
    one of life's little mysteries...
    Its simple. Men are pigs. I should know, I'm one of them. ( male I mean, not a pig as such.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    physics actually. I read that in a book called "The Maths Gene" by Keith Devlin

ReputationRep:
    I personally think both girl and guy are degenerate, but that's me.

Let me expound my tissue metaphor: see, women are like a tissue, men like a nose. Women, after being 'blown in', get messy and are v. hard to 'clean out', whereas men can just be wiped off. Thus, from a simple physical perspective, it's less shocking if a man has sex.

second, sex for a guy is, most of the time, non chalant, u are jus sticking something in, moving about, then pulling it out. For a woman, it's alot more emotion, alot more feeling. It should be added also: whereas the guy is just "going" somewhere, the woman is INVITING the guy in, see? Therefore, it takes more thought and consciousness for a woman to cheat on her man, and thus it's a graver offense.

Again, I think both ways adulterous behaviour is unacceptable, but for women it is a far greater offense.

ReputationRep:
    cheating is cheating, being male doesnt make it any better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poowpoow)
    cheating is cheating, being male doesnt make it any better.
    Agreed wholeheartadly, but being female makes it worse.

ReputationRep:
    Thats sexist, The both of you! Who is anyone to tell someone they cant do something?!

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.