alex_thompson
Just curious..............

and i suppose you did, brainiac?
Reply 2
edders
and i suppose you did, brainiac?

sorry?
Reply 3
why did u call me a braniac? if u ddint get straight A's and A*'s then dont blame it on me.....
Reply 4
did any1 get much higher/lower than what they thought they wer gonna get (not on mtg's rom skool, coz they r always lower than what u shud end up gettin).....
Reply 5
On a related note - I am currently working on a database which people can enter their grades and compare them against other peoples'. Have a look here.

I'm looking for beta testers to enter their grades and tell me any problems - just click the link above and sign up at the bottom of the page.

BTW you can see my grades here.
loftx
On a related note - I am currently working on a database which people can enter their grades and compare them against other peoples'. Have a look here.

I'm looking for beta testers to enter their grades and tell me any problems - just click the link above and sign up at the bottom of the page.

BTW you can see my grades here.

I was a guinea pig but really don't know about this page... there's more to someone's 'bio' than their grades!
Reply 7
Jools
I was a guinea pig but really don't know about this page... there's more to someone's 'bio' than their grades!

bio is a working title - possibly someone can come up with something better?
Reply 8
I got exactly half A's and A*'s, half B's and C's. Which i thought was very good. Only disappointed with 2 grades - History (a B) and French (an A) which were a bit lower than I'd hoped, but my grades in Chemistry and English Lit were much better than I expected so it made up for it.
Reply 9
11A*s and proud of it.
Reply 10
Oh and its not just going to be grades - im going to extend it to universities, extra curricluar activites, personal statements, and general comments.

Am having a problem with the universities bit though - there are more than 300 unis and 500,000 courses in the uk :eek:
loftx
Oh and its not just going to be grades - im going to extend it to universities, extra curricluar activites, personal statements, and general comments.

Am having a problem with the universities bit though - there are more than 300 unis and 500,000 courses in the uk :eek:

Ah good I was going to suggest you do that. But it'd prob be better to have that all ready rather than just asking for grades, then people perhaps filling in the rest later.

Don't worry abt the fact that there's 300 unis, can't you do a "Fill you uni in this box" rather than a drop down list. Hopefully people can spell the name of their uni...!
Reply 12
Jools
Ah good I was going to suggest you do that. But it'd prob be better to have that all ready rather than just asking for grades, then people perhaps filling in the rest later.

Don't worry abt the fact that there's 300 unis, can't you do a "Fill you uni in this box" rather than a drop down list. Hopefully people can spell the name of their uni...!

I just need around 20-30 people to test the underlying system - it's a lot more complex than it looks on that page :smile: The uni part is still difficult because I want people to be able to check who is going to the same university - if people typed it in the system would need to be able to recognise that Essex uni, university of essex and essex university are the same whereas sheffield universty and sheffiled hallam are different.

Also can you think of a better name than bio?
Reply 13
loftx
I just need around 20-30 people to test the underlying system - it's a lot more complex than it looks on that page :smile: The uni part is still difficult because I want people to be able to check who is going to the same university - if people typed it in the system would need to be able to recognise that Essex uni, university of essex and essex university are the same whereas sheffield universty and sheffiled hallam are different.

mmmmm.......i filled it in and clicked update, but when i click on the link to see all peoples' bio's...it says i hav done 18 gcse's!! help!
loftx

Geeks :biggrin:

UniProfile? Profile:u:ni...
Reply 15
Oh dear - let me have a look.
Reply 16
loftx
Oh dear - let me have a look.

thanks. dunno why it says 18 gcse's.......i think it has included all the boxes where it says "no subject entered or something".

i have only done 10 GCSE'S, including double science that is worth 2 gcse's.
Reply 17
alex_thompson
thanks. dunno why it says 18 gcse's.......i think it has included all the boxes where it says "no subject entered or something".

i have only done 10 GCSE'S, including double science that is worth 2 gcse's.

For some reason it has entered your GCSE's twice - I will take it offline and see if i can see what the problem is.
Reply 18
loftx
For some reason it has entered your GCSE's twice - I will take it offline and see if i can see what the problem is.

cheers.

and i big point i need to mention.

u put double science as 1 gcse....but it isnt, its worth 2 GCSE'S...............i think you should correct that.

it isnt fair that people earn 2 gcse's and u make it seem like 1...
Reply 19
alex_thompson
cheers.

and i big point i need to mention.

u put double science as 1 gcse....but it isnt, its worth 2 GCSE'S...............i think you should correct that.

it isnt fair that people earn 2 gcse's and u make it seem like 1...

Ok - I have fixed your record in the database - so it should display fine now. Thanks for pointing out the double science bit - I will get that fixed.

Latest

Trending

Trending