Turn on thread page Beta

Did You Get Straight A'S/A*'s at GCSE? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Ok - I have fixed your record in the database - so it should display fine now. Thanks for pointing out the double science bit - I will get that fixed.
    I'll fill in a record for you - just say when you've sorted out the problems!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do anywhere near as well as I could of in my G.C.S.E. I was rather disappointed actually.

But I don't really care anymore - I've got my A Levels and they're what count.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay)
    I didn't do anywhere near as well as I could of in my G.C.S.E. I was rather disappointed actually.

But I don't really care anymore - I've got my A Levels and they're what count.
    what did u get in your gcse's and what were u hoping 4 yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_thompson)
    what did u get in your gcse's and what were u hoping 4 yourself?
    well..................

ReputationRep:
    I got 2 A's, 4 B's and 4 C's. I new I hadn't got any better than that, but before the exams I was working towards A*'s, A's and B's. I just didn't revise much.

It taught me though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    I'll fill in a record for you - just say when you've sorted out the problems!
    Chicken - you already have a record which I made for you - though it's a bit out of date so you may want to update it - Check your PM's for the login info.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Chicken - you already have a record which I made for you - though it's a bit out of date so you may want to update it - Check your PM's for the login info.
    Yep done that so everyone can see my grades now !!!

I agree with Jools that there should be a uni and course bit up, and you can see who else is at the same uni - that would be good. Also have you thought about letting each user write a small profile/biography type thing (about themselves, rather than grades/subjects studied etc) - just like a paragraph or something - in their section?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    Also have you thought about letting each user write a small profile/biography type thing (about themselves, rather than grades/subjects studied etc) - just like a paragraph or something - in their section?
    That's a good idea - I hadn't specifically thought of doing that - Cheers.

There seems to be a big problem with GCSE's at the moment - it's given edders 22

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    There seems to be a big problem with GCSE's at the moment - it's given edders 22
    Heh well he does see himself as a bit of an intellectual!!!

ReputationRep:
    heehee!
    I got 7A* and 3A in 2002. Better than hoped for.

ReputationRep:
    I messed up quite badly at GCSE, could've done way better, i only got 1 A 4 B's and 3C's really crap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_thompson)
    ]Definitely not! Nowhere near that brainy!
    At what point did GCSEs reflect your how intelligent (or brainy) people are?

ReputationRep:
    got 3 A*s 6 As and a couple of Bs...but the Bs were in PE and Graphics - surely these don't count???

ReputationRep:
    oh and i went to a **** school, too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    On a related note - I am currently working on a database which people can enter their grades and compare them against other peoples'. Have a look here.

I'm looking for beta testers to enter their grades and tell me any problems - just click the link above and sign up at the bottom of the page.

BTW you can see my grades here.
    You forgot to put me on your list!

AS - AABB
    GCSE - 7 A*s 2As

ReputationRep:
    damn i chose the wrong option in the poll by mistake.... cant go back (but have swelled the ranks of 'just missed')

ReputationRep:
    Isn't making this database like making it a competition to see who has the most A's/A*'s?
    Just to prove that GCSE's don't matter; my sister got only 4 A's at GCSE and managed to get into Cambridge!

ReputationRep:
    And on what does the thread creator base the assumption that those who do not get the top grades in their GCSEs are not necessarily brainy (look at the poll)

ReputationRep:
    I did, but i definitely don't go round advertising it (except this one time )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    I did, but i definitely don't go round advertising it (except this one time )
    Haha, same.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.