The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Surely the only real knowledge is the knowledge of what you dont know?

I really dont understand most people's theories on knowledge, because they seem, well, outdated.

I dont believe there is a limit to what knowledge we should seek, as then there will be no limit also to what we dont know.
big difference between sociology and epistemology there kiddo - you already have it wrong

TOK is quite simply something that schools and society have with held from young people by censoring thinking from the curriculum. TOK is about asking genuine questions about claims that people make under the guise of it being the truth.

If you and a whole bunch more of the blinkered populace out there had the ability to question maybe we wouldn't have had cigarette companies getting away with murder for so many years, or Presidents and CIA's lying their way into creating global chaos by preying on some constructed notion of moral good.

what issues are there closer to home; do you dare think how you've been fooled all your life?
Reply 22
I don't know if anybody's still following this thread...

For your info, I didn't submit this TOK question to the IBCA in the end. I chose to write question 7 instead. Anyways, I end up with 3 bonus points, for which I'm quite happy with... (but that's about the only thing I'm happy with when it comes to my final IB grade, arg... it could have being better if I didn't get all stressed up...) Be strong, rock on you IB ppl, I'm oooout, lateeeerz!

ps. for those of you who're truely interested in this question or TOK in general... make sure to check out http://mb.sparknotes.com/mb.epl?b=994&m=504244&t=178990 where you'll find some of my comments... and it might or might not help you ppl out there...
Reply 23
It's amazing how many times this thread has being viewed and I assume that most of you guys are IB:ers. There're numerous good IB resource websites out there, but I'm still raising the question: Why don't we have a decent IB-forum?

Latest

Trending

Trending