The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

anyone?
It shows you've taken on extra study, initative to improve your qualifications- however at the end of the day it depends what you want to go into doesn't it!
Reply 3
You can do all the things you could with a regular piece of paper, and more.
Wipe your arse.
Reply 5
I guess it depends what the certHe is for, ie history, maths, etc.
Don't be dismayed by the fact that it is only a certificate, not a degree. A qualification is still a qualification and should still demonstrate to employers the skills you've developed at uni.
Reply 7
It's as pointless as the paper it's written on.

Yes, it's a qualification, and yes it's one level above A-Levels, but it's not a degree, and if anything, shows you couldn't cope with a degree (if you got it because you decided to drop out after your first year) so is probably worse than just having A-Levels.

No job requires a CertHE. They're all aimed at school leavers (those with A-Levels) or graduates (those with BA/BSc/etc.).
.ACS.
It's as pointless as the paper it's written on.

Yes, it's a qualification, and yes it's one level above A-Levels, but it's not a degree, and if anything, shows you couldn't cope with a degree (if you got it because you decided to drop out after your first year) so is probably worse than just having A-Levels.

No job requires a CertHE. They're all aimed at school leavers (those with A-Levels) or graduates (those with BA/BSc/etc.).

load of bull
What's a CertHE? I've never of those before. Are they normally done at universities?
Reply 10
LondonDreamer
What's a CertHE? I've never of those before. Are they normally done at universities?

If you drop out after the first year but passed, you're eligible to be awarded a CertHE. Basically it's equivalent to the first year of university study.
HumorousGent.
Wipe your arse.

Hilarious.
Turn tricks?
so not much value to the CertHE then, okay thanks.
.ACS.
If you drop out after the first year but passed, you're eligible to be awarded a CertHE. Basically it's equivalent to the first year of university study.

Are there any other circumstances under which you'd get one?
LondonDreamer

Honestly I don't know, I don't think so.
Reply 16
It's basically a document which proves that you've failed your degree.
Xenopus
It's basically a document which proves that you've failed your degree.

umm no, it doesn't mean you 'failed' your degree. How can you fail something you never took? :rolleyes:
.ACS.

Yes, it's a qualification, and yes it's one level above A-Levels, but it's not a degree, and if anything, shows you couldn't cope with a degree (if you got it because you decided to drop out after your first year) so is probably worse than just having A-Levels..

Having a valid reason for dropping out is slightly different from simply 'not being able to cope with a degree'.
Reply 19
LondonDreamer

If you wanted to study for a science degree and didn't have science A levels (an Access course):

http://www.bbk.ac.uk/study/ce/accesscourses/awards/UEHSCILS.html

Latest