The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't care.

EDIT: I am currently lolling at the negs I have received for this post. Perhaps I should explain a little?

I don't care because when I am older I won't be living in this country. Now I'll tell you why that is; I have never, ever felt at home in the UK (having lived in Scotland and England), I have been bullied for the majority of my life and I have met some of the most evil people in this nation. Why on Earth should I feel any affinity or patriotism for a country that has been nothing but torture to live in? Of course, not every person is like that. I have met some very good friends, but only a select few. Hopefully one day I will find a country that I can be proud to live in, and hopefully a country that will welcome me onto their soil - and hopefully not treat me with the hostility I have seen my "fellow Brits" treat immigrants into THIS country with.
I don't care either.
Reply 3
If it doesn't violate the UDHR then bring it on, looking forward to a change.
Reply 4
doubt it
Reply 5
Aesop
If it doesn't violate the UDHR then bring it on, looking forward to a change.

Would be interesting to know how many governments and legal systems in majority Muslim countries are in accord with the UDHR.
No, of course it won't become a Muslim country. It's only the muslim immigrants that have large families. I don't see muslims who have been born in Britain, and are thus British having huge families, they're generally normal. Plus it's hilarious to think that muslims would ever get into positions of power, if they're having so many children they're hardly going to be able to afford to send them to decent schools or universities are they?
If anything, Britain will eventually become an Atheist country.
hopefully not
Reply 9
Nope but it will become beige.

I would say it's changing though, most younger Muslims aren't exactly looking to have 7 kids.
It's generally a fantasy in the minds of paranoid Daily Express readers.

But if it ever does, I shall be emigrating/forming a resistance movement :wink: Secularism :king1:
john87
ok I'm not racist or some BNP supporter, but muslims in britain traditionally have large families while indiginous white people are having less babies, surely the demographic will change and eventually britain will become predominately muslim and then a government that wants to implement sharia law will be elected

discuss

Highly doubt it. And there is no reason to believe that Muslims will continue to have larger families. It is more likely they will normalise with the rest of society.

This country is firmly on the road to secularism, I think Sharia law is as far away as it has ever been.

Plus, I doubt there is much desire for Sharia law from the Muslim section of society itself.
Reply 12
reading this thread in a muslim forum has some very alarming posts

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3647243
Reply 13
You're making a big assumption that muslims will keep having larger amounts of children. It's perfectly possible that as more and more integrate into our culture, their fertility rate will start to come in line with the rest of the population.
Reply 14
pendragon
Would be interesting to know how many governments and legal systems in majority Muslim countries are in accord with the UDHR.

Or how many were democratically elected from a previously liberal and secular(ish) society.
No, for several reasons:

1. Immigration can always just be completely stopped whenever necessary. That's the luxury of being an island nation.
2. The predominant trend in established faiths in Britain is one of substantial numerical decline. If anything, we will be a secular nation by the 2050s, if we aren't already.
3. The rate of births to Muslim parents has consistently fallen since the community was first established here, and as Muslim countries continue develop there will be signficantly less impetus for many Muslims to move to a First World country.

At any rate, I don't particularly care which religion is dominant, as they're all the same and full of ********. I do think that there is probably a cut-off point to immigration from all demographics, whatever religion, race, etc., and that Europe is fast approaching that; consequently I believe that the EU should seal it's borders to potential immigrants with non-EU states [exceptions being Switzerland, Norway and the microstates]. We need time to adjust European societies to the new realities of multiculturalism, and we also need to realise that, from a more pragmatic point of view, states have a relatively fixed potential carrying capacity before they become unsustainable in terms of the amount of resources they consume. Britain's infrastructure, and that of much of Europe, is groaning under the pressures of immigration, and we already consume more than our fair share of global resources.
Reply 16
No, it won't. Trust me, I've been tot he future.
I sure as hell hope not. Nothing wrong with a bit of multiculturalism, but its going too far now!!! Immigration needs to be stopped! Its becoming too easy for these immigrants to live here, breed in masses and live on benefits. Needs to be stopped.
how can people not care is Britain became a sharia Muslim state :/ It would be wrong on so many levels.

Latest