A Level choices to become an accountant

Watch
Sabaaxo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am doing sociology, psychology, applied business, English literature and language can I get into accounting
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm taking Maths, Physics, Geography and Psychology for A Levels, what university courses would be suitable for me to choose?
aaaaaaaaaa3434
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
you're a beg
aaaaaaaaaa3434
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by aaaaaaaaaa3434)
you're a beg
Username????
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Teaddict)
IT is not always about how "powerful" they are. It is also about enjoying the subjects. I took that into account in my suggestions.

Mathematics is a dull and dreary subject. Doing two mathematics (maths and further maths as some have said) would be murder.
I do both and find it quite interesting, just depends if you get the stuff then any subject is tolerable
Kamil Ye
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This sounds good to me😊
khaia
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Hapiness-)
I would like to have a career in accountancy
The subjects for As level I am thinking of choosing are:
- Maths
- Accounting
- Psychology
- Possibly Business studies or Economics

Would these subjects be alright to get into university to do an accounting and finance degree afterwards?
Please help
I believe that as long as you are doing maths it is fine. I have asked a couple of people for accounting advice and they have told me that as long as you are doing maths, there is a chance of u doing accounting. Chemistry could also be considered an option
steph0468
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As people mentioned, any maths, economics / business modules.

What I will say is that the career path such as uni, internship to graduate job does not necessarily require you to study accounting. I'm about to join a Big 4 and 90% of the associates there have not studied accounting. Accounting is also not very maths-dense, you will likely be doing simple calculations. However, it is paramount that you have business insight and some level of maths skills.
Fardeen1509
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi i know that im in the wrong place to comment something like this but i really need help.can anyone help me to calculate sales and trading account pleaseAttachment 882634
Last edited by Fardeen1509; 1 year ago
khaia
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
when u try to open the attachment, it says "attachment not found"
Lukebaker05
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by my_anon)
Quick question: Im doing A2 Biology and Accounting and AS Business studies and Maths (i too am thinking of becoming an accountant. Would this be ok to get into some of the top universities for accounting or should i pick up AS economics?

Please quote me in reply and thanks!

For the OP: I really suggest doing accountancy (even if its at AS as it will help you make a final decision)!
I how did it go?
Muaz247
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I'm doing a level accounting and btech business diploma. Can I do accounting in university with this
H-126
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Long shot but....
I’ve got BBC in my alevels B in accounting and sociology. I’m undecided about whether to pay to get a review of marking for the C. Is it worth it. Can I still get into accountancy with BBC or is it better to try get a third B. I was three marks off but my teacher said it’s unlikely to gain 3 marks from a review of marking which is the only option available to me at this stage
folzar
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’ve been reading all these comments and have been unsure, I also want to become an accountant or actuary and I have chose business / financial studies and maths, I enjoy those subjects so far. I don’t want to do economics yet people are recommending it and are stating financial studies aren’t relevant. Can you help?
Flowzfo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’ve been reading all these comments and have been unsure, I also want to become an accountant or actuary and I have chose business / financial studies and maths, I enjoy those subjects so far. I don’t want to do economics yet people are recommending it and are stating financial studies aren’t relevant. Can you help?
venom0216
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Flowzfo)
are u doing ur a levels rn?
Flowzfo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by venom0216)
are u doing ur a levels rn?
I’ll be doing them in September
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel the grades you will receive this year will be fair?

Yes I feel the grades I will receive will be fair (20)
18.35%
No, I don't feel the grades I will receive will be fair (58)
53.21%
I'm unsure (31)
28.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise