The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I won't be taking this unit until June '10. Phew!

Good luck though :smile:
Reply 2
Doughboy
I won't be taking this unit until June '10. Phew!

Good luck though :smile:

how come? Would you do both this and unit 5 in June then!? :eek:
Reply 3
http://rapidshare.com/files/334692287/phys4.zip
loads of questions with answers from past papers sorted into unit 4 for new sylabus sorry that its slow to download, and it is free!!!!!
couldn't have recomended a better form of revision
good luck
Reply 4
I've been doing a few past papers and i'm getting average-ish grades. I am quite worried that it will be really hard but there is still time for me to be more prepared.
Reply 5
sjros
http://rapidshare.com/files/334692287/phys4.zip
loads of questions with answers from past papers sorted into unit 4 for new sylabus sorry that its slow to download, and it is free!!!!!
couldn't have recomended a better form of revision
good luck

thank you! :biggrin:
edit: I can't seem to download it, the server's always busy. Could you upload it some other way, please?
edit2: forget that, I waited, and finally got it! :biggrin:

BPat
I've been doing a few past papers and i'm getting average-ish grades. I am quite worried that it will be really hard but there is still time for me to be more prepared.

Have you done the spec. paper? It's actually quite easy. :p:
What topic do you think is most likely to turn up a lot? I hope it's not capicitors, I hate them.
Reply 6
did any of you do unit 1, how did you find it

questions sorted into units and topics for new syllabus
http://cid-5432f573d3fc3f5a.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public?authkey=wvpV!S3vvu4%24

please leave feedback on what you think about the questions
Reply 7
unamed

Have you done the spec. paper? It's actually quite easy. :p:
What topic do you think is most likely to turn up a lot? I hope it's not capicitors, I hate them.

Yeah, i did the spec paper ages ago and didn't do to well on it. But i've revised a lot more since then so i will give it another go soon.

I don't mind capacitors, as long as its just using the equations. I think there will be a lot on circular motion and particle physics. The thing i hate about particle physics is balancing the beta-decay and alpha-decay equations. I always get confused.
Reply 8
BPat
Yeah, i did the spec paper ages ago and didn't do to well on it. But i've revised a lot more since then so i will give it another go soon.

I don't mind capacitors, as long as its just using the equations. I think there will be a lot on circular motion and particle physics. The thing i hate about particle physics is balancing the beta-decay and alpha-decay equations. I always get confused.

I like circular motion, it's easy. :smile: I must remember to go through those equations, I forgot about them. My teacher basically hates the particle physics chapter (he thinks it's all crazytalk) and so, we haven't really done them in class. but they're simple. :smile:
Reply 9
unamed
I like circular motion, it's easy. :smile: I must remember to go through those equations, I forgot about them. My teacher basically hates the particle physics chapter (he thinks it's all crazytalk) and so, we haven't really done them in class. but they're simple. :smile:

The thing is i hate my Physics teacher, the good one left last year and this one doesn't explain anything at all, he basically expects us to know it all already. So i've had to teach myself it by reading lots of books.

I'm glad it is my last exam, i have plenty of time to go over everything.

I don't like the questions where they ask you to design your own experiment or write really long answers. Hate them.
Does anyone know where I could get the answers for the questions in the red excel book? I can't seem to find it on the CD. Any help?
Reply 11
definite_maybe
Does anyone know where I could get the answers for the questions in the red excel book? I can't seem to find it on the CD. Any help?

Oh, the answers are on the CD that teachers get as part of their book. You can ask your teacher to give them to you on a memory stick or something.
BPat
Oh, the answers are on the CD that teachers get as part of their book. You can ask your teacher to give them to you on a memory stick or something.

That's annoying :frown: I wasn't given the book by school, so the teacher won't have the CD. Is there anyway someone could send them to me?
Reply 13
definite_maybe
That's annoying :frown: I wasn't given the book by school, so the teacher won't have the CD. Is there anyway someone could send them to me?

Just remembered they've been put up on our school site. Right, now this could either work or not. Just let me know if it doesn't.

Answes to questions in EM Chapter.
Could anyone explain when using the impulse equation, it is only an average force?
Reply 16
And one more Mech. And Particle Physics answers.

I don't know if these are all the answers to all the questions in the book, but it should be most of them.
Thank you :smile: Yep, can open them all. Couldn't do me one last favour and explain why the impulse equation refers to an average force?
Reply 18
definite_maybe
Thank you :smile: Yep, can open them all. Couldn't do me one last favour and explain why the impulse equation refers to an average force?

I don't think it does refer to the averge force.:s-smilie: Isn't it the applied force multiplied by change in time?
Reply 19
BPat
The thing is i hate my Physics teacher, the good one left last year and this one doesn't explain anything at all, he basically expects us to know it all already. So i've had to teach myself it by reading lots of books.

I'm glad it is my last exam, i have plenty of time to go over everything.

I don't like the questions where they ask you to design your own experiment or write really long answers. Hate them.

design your own experiment? could you give me an example?

definite_maybe

Impulse is the change in momentum. it's not an average force, to my knowledge. (I could be wrong)

Latest

Trending

Trending