Which GCSE exam boards became Edexcel? Watch

stainboy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I am trying to track down my exam boards from 1997 using some detective work. It seems Edexcel became responsible for my art and maths boards but I'm not sure what board they would have been at the time. Searching suggests ULEAC, does anyone know for sure?

If it's definitely not SEG then thats maybe good enough and I can use process of elimination, it seems SEG became AQA.
Revolution is my Name
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
According to Wikipedia:
Edexcel was formed in 1996 by the merger of two bodies, the BTEC (Business & Technology Education Council) and ULEAC (University of London Examinations and Assessment Council).
AQA was formed after the merger of the Associated Examining Board/Southern Examining Group (AEB/SEG) and Northern Examinations and Assessment Board (NEAB) in 1999.
Nashy19
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
BTEC (Business & Technology Education Council) and ULEAC (University of London Examinations and Assessment Council).
stainboy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Thanks, I'd seen that on wiki but it still didn't feel concrete enough. However, I just found this definitive list on Edexcels FAQ for getting replacement certificates:

Edexcel has undertaken the responsibility of issuing Certifying Statements of Results to former candidates of the examinations bodies listed below:
· Edexcel (GCE/GCSE)

· ULEAC University of London Examinations and Assessment Council (GCE/GCSE)
· ULSEB University of London School Examinations Board (GCE)
· LEAG London East Anglian Group (GCSE)
· UE&SEC University Entrance and Schools Examinations Council (GCE)
· EAEB East Anglian Examinations Board (CSE/CEE)
· LREB London Regional Examining Board (incl. Metropolitan & Middlesex Regional Examining Boards (CSE / CEE))
The awards include some CSE and CEE (Certificate of Extended Education) awards, GCE (A/AS level and O’level), AEA, DiDA, GCSE and ELC.
ULEAC is the only one from that list that can be mine leaving SEG the other one I need, huzzah!
Ashton81
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I went to Wallasey School 1997, I can't think what exams I took in my GCSES after all these years, I was told by Conway Park Campus to get in touch with that old school I went to. I said it's changed building, I said I left in 1997 and didn't know you could write or ring your old school up, I was then told I could still try & find out still b on the system after all these years. I don't what to do now I don't know who the exam board was or know anyone one who still kept good of their exam papers with the exam board name on if I did find out from a friend then they could give me the answers.
Last edited by Ashton81; 1 week ago
Ashton81
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think I took English & Maths wasn't entered for textiles exam I went to Wallasey School 1992-1997 (now Kingsway) It closed down how do I get to find out about my lost exam results I took exams in 1997? I left in 1997 that very same year. I think I may of done Science as well I think Biology, Chemistry, Physics not sure which. I wish someone can help me, I was told when my old school changed building my lost GCSE results will still b on record on the system somewhere forever. Could someone help me? I don't know what to do now.
Last edited by Ashton81; 1 week ago
Ashton81
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I do hope someone can help me with my last two posts with my school Wallasey (now Kingsway) closed down .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.83%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.99%
No I am happy with my course choice (400)
57.06%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (99)
14.12%

Watched Threads