The Student Room Group

Titanic Vs The Notebook

Poll

"Titanic" or "The Notebook"?

For me, it's "The Notebook" every time (although clearly "the Academy" disagrees, lol). I think "Titanic" is more obviously sad from the point of view that one of the main characters dies and that the story was a real life tragedy, but very little has had such a profoundly moving effect upon me as "The Notebook". I think it shows definitive "true love" (now, sadly, such an over-used cliché) - or perhaps it just confirmed that my idea of "true love" was, at least, the same as someone else's. There was something overwhelming about that realisation - I have never cried so much in my life; it leaves me in a strange daze for days afterwards... :rolleyes:

Anyone else?...

Scroll to see replies

Has to be Titanic for me:biggrin: I found The Notebook just a bit too lovey-dovey.
Reply 2
j_a_z_z
For me, it's "The Notebook" every time (although clearly "the Academy" disagrees, lol). I think "Titanic" is more obviously sad from the point of view that one of the main characters dies and that the story was a real life tragedy, but very little has had such a profoundly moving effect upon me as "The Notebook". I think it shows definitive "true love" (now, sadly, such an over-used cliché) - or perhaps it just confirmed that my idea of "true love" was, at least, the same as someone else's. There was something overwhelming about that realisation - I have never cried so much in my life; it leaves me in a strange daze for days afterwards... :rolleyes:

Anyone else?...

i must be dead inside as i didnt find the notebook too sad...

some films get me going though...and certain episodes of House
Reply 3
I agree with your choice.

'The Notebook' is a film that really got me thinking about how painful it would be to love someone absolutely, and know that they've forgotten every moment you shared together and have no feelings left for you.

'Titanic' was an emotional film more for the imagery - the bodies falling into the sea, and children being trapped, but 'The Notebook' is a truly thought-provoking film.
Reply 4
The Notebook is more romantic.
Reply 5
The Notebook :smile: One of my favourite films ever.

Titanic is too long for me to sit through, although I cried like a baby the first time I saw it...
Titanic anyday, The Notebook was appallingly predictable. Plus Kate Winslet is hottt!
Reply 7
i saw the titanic first... it was also a sort of rite of passage...

at the end of year 6 i think it was, in our school, they showed the titanic... including the sex scene... much fun was had by all.

the notebook was so predictable, not to say the titanic wasn't, given it was based on history

and i still reckon both they both could have fit on that stupid piece of wood
Reply 8
Titanic sunk, Notebook stunk.
Reply 9
Titanic..Notebook was bit too romantic for me
j_a_z_z

Anyone else?...

That's exactly how I felt by the "Notebook"! I personaly cried at the notebook not because it's sad, but because like you said its the definition of true love which fills yours eyes with happy tears!Titanic is just sad and you cry because you feel the devastation.
Man, The Notebook is good and all but I didn't find the actual narrative as emotional as people made out. Only thing that is remotely close are the scenes towards the end.

Titantic, for me. :captain:
Titanic there's violence,drowning,betrayal,icebergs. - I cried too

The notebook I liked too but it was only rain,letters - I didn't feel anything maybe at the middle but not enough emotion
Reply 13
I feel like a monster whenever I say that I wasn't very moved by The Notebook :puppyeyes:
Reply 14
The Notebook is one of my favourite films ever.

SNM.
There is no competition between Titanic and The Notebook :nah: Titanic wins hands down :yep: :woo: :woo: :yep:
The Notebook has more of a love story to it, and it's not too long, Titanic has action but Notebook is such a lovely creative story.
My two favourite films :colondollar:
I really love the whole story to the notebook, and the way Noah sticks with Ally reading to her from the book .. in Titanic it seems stupid in a way how 'in love' they claim to be after a few days .. although so romantic :love:
But then Titanic was just an amazing film .. I remember watching it in about Year 5 (when my mum told me all the people in the water were swimming to safety and I didn't understand the sex scene .. ahh my innocence) although I dislike Rose slightly for her blatant hogging of that piece of wood!!
I think I prefer Titanic as a film but the Notebook is amazing also
Reply 18
taperjeangirl!
Has to be Titanic for me:biggrin: I found The Notebook just a bit too lovey-dovey.

Likewise, although I do still like The Notebook but I have to be in a real soppy lovey dovey mood for it.

Also your signature is beautiful, one day I'll see the Aurora Borealis.
Linweth
Likewise, although I do still like The Notebook but I have to be in a real soppy lovey dovey mood for it.

Also your signature is beautiful, one day I'll see the Aurora Borealis.

Ahh me too, I hope! Although I doubt I'd be able to take a photograph as perfect as that :rolleyes: Seeing it would be amazing though.

Quick Reply

Latest