The Student Room Group

Thread for me!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
So far today:
cycled 5-6 miles, maybe got another 3-4 later on to do.
Gym-
Squat-80kg*3*5
Bench-50kg*3*5
Deadlift-120kg*1*5
+5 pullups

Last rep of the last set of squats was tough, might have to up the rest time a little, currently not taking much though.
Bench was nice and easy, deadlift was ok, but my back was a little tired. Think my current chair is really not helping this.
Reply 21
Cycled 8-10 miles today, 2 hours of badminton.
Reply 22
5-6 miles cycled today.
Gym-
Squats-82.5kg*3*5
OHP-37.5kg*3*5
Rows-50kg*3*5
+like, 4 pullups.

Squats felt better today despite slightly more weight+less rest. Think I warmed them up slightly more. OHP is gonna need a bit of rest next time, and I suspect is gonna stall before 45kg for 3 sets. Would be nice to make 45-50 though.
Pool match tonight, will involve copious amounts of booze. Hopefully won't wreck myself too much thuogh.
Reply 23
Cycled 3-4 miles, 2 hours of badminton.
First hockey match of the season tomorrow! Means I miss brunch though...
Reply 24
3-4 miles cycled, hockey match.
Hockey match got cut short cos they turned up late, we lost 2-1 when we might've won had it kept going. Quite annoying. Right thigh was a bit sore when I started cycling there, and didn't help in the match. Don't think I tried hard enough in it tbh, but aside from sometimes at the beginning, didn't feel too horrendously unfit. Gonna have to start getting some running training in though, badminton just isn't doing much for me there.
Reply 25
Cycled 10-12 miles.
Gym-
Squat-85kg*3*5
Bench-52.5kg*3*5
Deadlift-125kg*5
Reply 26
Apparently forgot to update this yesterday-cycled 8-10 miles, hour of badminton. Wasn't moving properly during badminton, right thigh was giving me a bit of gyp.
Reply 27
Today so far-
cycled 5-6 miles
Gym-
Squat-87.5kg*3*5
OHP-40kg*3*5
Rows-52.5kg*3*5
Tried a couple of power cleans with the weight left on the bar from the rows. Think the technique seems easier with a bit of weight on the bar, so I'll try that on these workouts in future, but with a bit less weight.
Might have some hockey fitness training later, will see.
Reply 28
Turned out only me and the captain fancied it, went for a run, bout half an hour.
Felt ok, didn't go too quickly, but weren't that slow.
Hurts my shins/calfs/that muscle on the front of your calf though!
Sounds like a lot of mileage...do you cycle 3 miles to the gym?
Reply 30
cowsforsale
Sounds like a lot of mileage...do you cycle 3 miles to the gym?

Nah, gym and food are pretty much the only places I don't have to cycle to.
I've got about 5-6 miles round trip to lectures(I think it's nearer 5 on tu/thu/fri, and nearer 6-7 on mon/wed as I go a longer route to get food somewhere), and 3-4 miles round trip for badminton. I'm basically just 2-3 miles out of town here.
Reply 31
Cycled 8-10 miles today+2 hours of badminton.
Probably going out tonight, woop, then hockey match tomorrow.
Right thigh still a little sore, was ok when gyming it though, so should hopefully be ok tomorrow.
Reply 32
Went clubbing last night, pretty sure that counts as some cardio...
Cycled 5-6 miles, had a hockey match, gym:
Squats-90kg*3*5
Bench-55kg*3*5
Deadlift-130kg*5

Though this would be tough as my back hurt in the first half of my hockey match, and my thighs in the second half. Turned out ok though. Last rep on deadlift was a little bit of a struggle. After this put an extra 10kg on the bar and did a single at 140kg to see how it felt, was ok, but doing *5 will be tough.
Reply 33
Few games of squash, wasn't too bad, lost all but one(but I won that 9-0..), but didn't feel too bad, given how wrecked I'd felt beforehand.
Reply 34
Cycled 3-4 miles, had 2 hours of badminton. Basically took it easy at badminton though.
Right thigh playing up slightly again, but I think the rest of the day off should be helpful.
More badminton tomorrow, bit further to get there though!
Reply 35
Cycled 6-7 miles today, badminton match plus messed around for a bit, probably an hour-an hour and a half overall. Destroyed them really.
Possibly pub crawling tonight.
Reply 36
Cycled 5-6 miles, gym:
Squats-92.5kg*3*5
OHP-42.5kg*3*5
Rows-55kg*3*5
Few pullups

First work set of squats today, went deep enough to tear a hole in my shorts..(well, there was already a small hole, but still). Good times. Squats seemed ok, OHP was tough, rows were alright.
Was at the gym with a mate so did a couple of dumbell snatching, a couple of curls on an EZ bar, and a little bit of erging. Think that was all.
Reply 37
Cycled 5-6 miles today. No badminton later.
Might just have a rest day, or go for a run/swim/do some circuits. Maybe tennis.
Any suggestions?
Reply 38
Did a light bit of erging, like 1k, 1:50 odd split.
Reply 39
Cycled 5-6 miles so far.
Gym-
Squats-95kg*3*5
Bench-57.5kg*3*5
Deadlift-135kg*5

Had an identical pair of shorts on to last time, similar hole in same place beginning, felt they were gonna rip a little when squatting too! Pulled them down a little and was fine though...
Squats felt ok, bench surprisingly tough, deadlift was tricky, might have difficulty getting beyond 140*5, will see.

More cycling and a badminton match later now...

Quick Reply

Latest