The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele University

I came accross this uni the other day, picked up a prospectus read through that, looked at a few articles about the uni from the times and student book 2006, good employment rates/ low drop out rates/ nice campus. A few people have said it had a good reputation. 30ish in general and business league tables.

For the course i want to do (Business Admin) you need a minimum of 260 (BCC), so everything about keele seems great.

Depending on my AS grades i may put this as insurance/firm.

Any opinions?
I don't think it's got a great reputation for certain subjects, but I know a couple of people who went there for Arts related stuff and said it was a great place! If you like the course and the uni when you visit, I don't think the reputation is a huge factor......unless it's a total dump that is
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Friends who have gone there have complained about the fact that it is isolated and lacking in things to do on campus. If you are looking at it seriously have a look on an open day and see what kind of feel you get for the place. One of the things I did when I was applying was to write a list of the things that my ideal university would have / be like (e.g. city/campus etc). Its really really important that you can be happy on a personal level with your choices as well as choosing a course with a good academic reputation. If you aren't sure or want further information, ask until you have answers!:smile: Above all - don't believe all that they tell you in the prospectus!:wink::smile:
Reply 3
I wouldn't say it was that isolated, not compared to the likes of Aberystwyth anyway, its not far from the M6 which takes you to Manchester and Birmingham, but there's much less going on than in the big cities in the immediate area. Just down the road is Newcastle (under-lyme) city centre which isnt too bad, but a short bus ride away in Hanley which is much better for nightlife. But still nothing on the scale of the big cities.

But depends what your looking for, I think it's supposed to have the greenest campus, or at least one of them, and is one of the best for Law and pretty good overall academically.
I'm thinking of going to Keele too, because of the flexible degree courses (I would do english lit + biology) and lovely campus/atmosphere.
My only deliberation is that it's not one of the 'prestigious' unis, being mid-30s in all the league tables - whilst my grades are going to be far above the requirements. :frown:
It's a case of which is most important really.
Reply 5
^ if your grades are way above the requirements maybe you should choose from the better uni's but include keele as a last resort.
Reply 6
im not going to slag off keele for social sciences - i dont know about other subjects

Latest