The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I did the June 09 unit 1 paper, and I can't remember the UMS, but I know that 49/80 was an A, which is ridiculously low, but good for us I suppose.
MTKfrench
I did the June 09 unit 1 paper, and I can't remember the UMS, but I know that 49/80 was an A, which is ridiculously low, but good for us I suppose.

But now the papers are 15 minutes longer, the boundaries will have gone up unfortunately. :/
MTKfrench

hey, i got 57/120 this june and the unit 1 grade was an E. converted, it comes to around 38/80 so i dont think your info is correct
microfatcat
But now the papers are 15 minutes longer, the boundaries will have gone up unfortunately. :/

What do you mean, +15 mins? more than this june??? i wasnt informed and im doing this jan too
obviouslystudying
What do you mean, +15 mins? more than this june??? i wasnt informed and im doing this jan too

The 1 hr 15 papers were almost impossible to finish/check your answers, so they're now as far as I know, it's 1 hr 30, which is great news.
Reply 6
44/60 for jan 09 and 45/60 for june 09 - for an A. [Raw marks] I have this exam on Tuesday too.
microfatcat
The 1 hr 15 papers were almost impossible to finish/check your answers, so they're now as far as I know, it's 1 hr 30, which is great news.

oh yeah, the timetable was all wrong and i couldnt even read all the questions. they actually gave the lost time but I didnt know about it beforehand so i was pretty much shaken. after the exam, we were discussing and then even knew about some of the questions. hehe
Reply 8
Hey,
Just wondering who is doing this paper tomorrow....I'm doing it as a retake as I got a B last time I did it and would like an A.

I haven't done any revision for it which isn't good i suppose! Just going through it now.

Is everyone prepared?

This thread is the official one for this exam as I can't find another of these threads anywhere...please post a link if you can find one!

Discuss how everyone's feeling about it:smile:

Good luck! :awesome:
Reply 9
I'm worried about it because I haven't been focusing on Biology - I was more worried about maths which was today. Oh well. At least you can blag some of the questions in Biology (graphs/statistics/risk). :biggrin:

Good luck!
Reply 10
Xenia.
I'm worried about it because I haven't been focusing on Biology - I was more worried about maths which was today. Oh well. At least you can blag some of the questions in Biology (graphs/statistics/risk). :biggrin:

Good luck!

yeah good point, there's always blagging points available!

I prefer the questions on Biology rather than Ethics, stats, interpret this blah blah....

Have you been doing past papers?
Well i was very worried about it last week
but then i literally memorised the mark schemes from 2003-2009
so i'm confident up to an extent but i just need to do some last minute recap of the small things that no one ever
thinks are important to know !

Good Luck everyone!
Reply 12
Yay another resitter!

I got a high C last time and need an A. I feel pretty good about it actually (I'm so going to jynx it!) and I understand most of it. I just need to memorise atherosclerosis and then I'm done.

I probably should be studying now actually....
Just need to go over gene therapy and done. Still got a massive feeling that I'm going to flop.
Reply 14
morgonia
Yay another resitter!

I got a high C last time and need an A. I feel pretty good about it actually (I'm so going to jynx it!) and I understand most of it. I just need to memorise atherosclerosis and then I'm done.

I probably should be studying now actually....

yay fellow re-sitter! :p:

That's the trouble with resitting....it's really hard to remember all the stuff from so long ago :frown: I should really be starting to revise properly now really.....
Reply 15
thecdon
yay fellow re-sitter! :p:

That's the trouble with resitting....it's really hard to remember all the stuff from so long ago :frown: I should really be starting to revise properly now really.....

Well, when I took it last time we didn't have a book to work from which was... great. :confused:

But this time round I do, and I understand the principles a lot better and I've been making notes (Yay for notes!) and I just have to remember how to analyse those damn graphs.

Ohh no! Core practicals :frown:
Reply 16
morgonia
Well, when I took it last time we didn't have a book to work from which was... great. :confused:

But this time round I do, and I understand the principles a lot better and I've been making notes (Yay for notes!) and I just have to remember how to analyse those damn graphs.

Ohh no! Core practicals :frown:

Nooo core practicals!!!

What was there?

Daphnia, Vit C concentration....Beetroot one, what else? or was that it?
Reply 17
i think i am ready and prepared .
however , does anything think that the old syl is abit harder than the new one ?

and i have no idea in calculating the UMS since the paper weighting is different from maths :frown:
Reply 18
thecdon
Nooo core practicals!!!

What was there?

Daphnia, Vit C concentration....Beetroot one, what else? or was that it?

I'm worried
I've done revision
I don't think i have very good exam techniques
but i should be fine
What do you guys think is going to come up
I think the Vitamic C concentration is going to come up

There's the enzyme core practical
Reply 19
Dayo2009
I'm worried
I've done revision
I don't think i have very good exam techniques
but i should be fine
What do you guys think is going to come up
I think the Vitamic C concentration is going to come up

There's the enzyme core practical

I think CF should come up as nothing came up last year I don't think.

Please remind me what the enzyme core practical was about?!

Latest

Trending

Trending