The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Scroll to see replies

DJ123
Is it good for Biology?! Considering going there and already recieved a conditional offer!

Is anyone else doing the sam course?! Love to speak to all!

peace!

first year's pretty generic for biological sciences... i do genetics and so far i've shared all my lectures with people taking biology, and there's common modules with people doing biochem, microbiology etc.
i've been enjoying the course, i'd say it was pretty :awesome:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
icapturethecastle
first year's pretty generic for biological sciences... i do genetics and so far i've shared all my lectures with people taking biology, and there's common modules with people doing biochem, microbiology etc.
i've been enjoying the course, i'd say it was pretty :awesome:

Cheers for that I was wondering how the atmosphere is? And how are the equipment and everything else i'm gonna put that as my insurance choice now!
DJ123
Cheers for that I was wondering how the atmosphere is? And how are the equipment and everything else i'm gonna put that as my insurance choice now!

The atmosphere's been pretty relaxed so far in terms of studying. It's very independent so there's not going to be much checking up done on you apart from things which you have to hand in etc. And as for equipment, it's not really an issue, there's always enough for one each if need be and they're always in decent condition :cute:
Reply 4
icapturethecastle
The atmosphere's been pretty relaxed so far in terms of studying. It's very independent so there's not going to be much checking up done on you apart from things which you have to hand in etc. And as for equipment, it's not really an issue, there's always enough for one each if need be and they're always in decent condition :cute:

Cheers for that you have helped me make my mind up. Am I gonna see you there?!
DJ123
Cheers for that you have helped me make my mind up. Am I gonna see you there?!

lol glad i could help :cute: but don't just take my word for it, go and visit if you haven't already done so, speak to more students, have a look at the library/lecture theatres/accomodation etc.
Reply 6
I've put QMUL as my firm for biology! Going to the applicant day 10th feb, anyone else going??
Reply 7
cate1809
I've put QMUL as my firm for biology! Going to the applicant day 10th feb, anyone else going??

I'll be there! and might do Bio there depending on the grades this Jan!
Reply 8
I've only had a brief tour of the campus so far so i can't wait to go and see it all in full :smile:
Reply 9
cate1809
I've only had a brief tour of the campus so far so i can't wait to go and see it all in full :smile:

I've been there twice and kinda liked it but was not sure coz I don't see my self living there but only time will tell! Hope you like it!
Reply 10
DJ123
I've been there twice and kinda liked it but was not sure coz I don't see my self living there but only time will tell! Hope you like it!

Have you made your choices then for firm and insurance?
Thanks, so do i! I liked what i saw of it before, just mile end itself that i'm a bit unsure about. But i think wherever we go we can grow to like it :smile:
Reply 11
cate1809
Have you made your choices then for firm and insurance?
Thanks, so do i! I liked what i saw of it before, just mile end itself that i'm a bit unsure about. But i think wherever we go we can grow to like it :smile:

Haven't made my mind up yet! Gonna wait for the exam results! I know waht u mean about Mile End but look at it this way you are 10 mins away from Central London so you can escape it!
Reply 12
I'm giving a tour on the 3rd of February. :awesome:
Reply 13
DJ123
Haven't made my mind up yet! Gonna wait for the exam results! I know waht u mean about Mile End but look at it this way you are 10 mins away from Central London so you can escape it!

Yeppp that's the greatness of QMU being where it is, perfect distance away from central london but it's still very central lol :smile:
Reply 14
Nitzy
I'm giving a tour on the 3rd of February. :awesome:

I had a tour last year, was good :smile:
What did/do you study?
Reply 15
cate1809
I had a tour last year, was good :smile:
What did/do you study?

I'm a third year biochemist :h:
Reply 16
Nitzy
I'm a third year biochemist :h:

Ahhh cool :smile:
Are you enjoying it? The course generally and Queen Mary in general?
Sorry to question :P
Reply 17
cate1809
Ahhh cool :smile:
Are you enjoying it? The course generally and Queen Mary in general?
Sorry to question :P

Oh that's fine, it gives me a chance to prepare. :p: Well I have enjoyed my course, but I think I would have been better off doing biology, only due to the fact that you can choose nearly all the modules you want to do. :p: Although all the biochemistry lecturers are pretty awesome though! :biggrin:

And I do like Queen Mary as a university, the atmosphere is great, that I realised I probably spend a bit too much time there.. :colondollar:
Reply 18
Nitzy
Oh that's fine, it gives me a chance to prepare. :p: Well I have enjoyed my course, but I think I would have been better off doing biology, only due to the fact that you can choose nearly all the modules you want to do. :p: Although all the biochemistry lecturers are pretty awesome though! :biggrin:

And I do like Queen Mary as a university, the atmosphere is great, that I realised I probably spend a bit too much time there.. :colondollar:

Good! Yeah i like the fact that the Biology course is so flexible, i'd maybe like to transfer to genetics if i like those modules/am able to :smile:

I'm hearing more and more good things about it, really looking forward to the open day next month!

Did you live in halls and if so which one?
Also any negatives of your experience there?

(I'm taking advantage of question asking now :P)
Reply 19
cate1809
Good! Yeah i like the fact that the Biology course is so flexible, i'd maybe like to transfer to genetics if i like those modules/am able to :smile:

I'm hearing more and more good things about it, really looking forward to the open day next month!

Did you live in halls and if so which one?
Also any negatives of your experience there?

(I'm taking advantage of question asking now :P)

You could do biology for one year then just switch to genetics, since first year modules are not specific.

Hmm, there isn't any negatives that come to me that you wouldn't get at any other university.

I didn't live in halls as I live about 20-30 minutes away :p:

But he will be able to provide some insight though!

Democracy
x

:sexface:

Latest

Trending

Trending