Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah yeah i know its bad and i shouldnt, but i wanna learn how to hack. How would i go about it? Dont worry, i wont do anything bad, but i just want to know. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felixjmorgan)
    Yeah yeah i know its bad and i shouldnt, but i wanna learn how to hack. How would i go about it? Dont worry, i wont do anything bad, but i just want to know. Thanks
    go to a forum for hackers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    go to a forum for hackers?

such as?

ReputationRep:
    Right, get an irc script www.mirc.com is good. Then when you have that set up. In the 'status' window type:
    /server irc.icq.com:7000
    next.
    /join #warlords.
    and also the channels #security# #hackarmy #antiflood #albacode.org
    Tell them s3v3n sent you.
    buh bye now. Oh and don't accept anything via DCC until you learn a bit more. such files as any .exe or .pdf can stuff you over very easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Right, get an irc script www.mirc.com is good. Then when you have that set up. In the 'status' window type:
    /server irc.icq.com:7000
    next.
    /join #warlords.
    and also the channels #security# #hackarmy #antiflood #albacode.org
    Tell them s3v3n sent you.
    buh bye now. Oh and don't accept anything via DCC until you learn a bit more. such files as any .exe or .pdf can stuff you over very easily.
    should i be worried that you know so much?

ReputationRep:
    edit it and put http:// in front of your link. thanks btw

ReputationRep:
    If you have to ask how, you will never learn.
    My God you have alot of filth on your computer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    lol
    a) i dont
    b) how else u gna learn!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    lol

ReputationRep:
    lol
    a) i dont
    hacking is outdated. These days, any 15yr old with a copy of linux thinks they are a hacker. Get over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    hacking is outdated. These days, any 15yr old with a copy of linux thinks they are a hacker. Get over it.
    im not 15. honest.....

but then again, i dont have linux! lol

ReputationRep:
    lol
    a) i dont
    You are not going to learn it on a forum that's for sure.
    Why do you want to learn so bad?

ReputationRep:
    Whatever, anyone else says, in order to hack you have to be inquisitive and want to pull computers apart into separate circuit boards. Ask for help, but be very careful, get a good anti-virus scanner before you download anything. Go to warez.nets, watch forums cos you can get some very nasty people on them. Learn everythingg you can about computers. You need to learn multiple programming languages. Start with something easy like C and then gravitate upwards. Search for security on computing and read everything you can. Go to legal (and safe) security sites first, learn how to close your ports, secure your computer and then if you want to you can go to some of the more dubious sites. I assume you want to hack and just be a computing whizz, if you want to crack forget it, if u had to ask for help in the first place, you'll neve be good enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    Whatever, anyone else says, in order to hack you have to be inquisitive and want to pull computers apart into separate circuit boards. Ask for help, but be very careful, get a good anti-virus scanner before you download anything. Go to warez.nets, watch forums cos you can get some very nasty people on them. Learn everythingg you can about computers. You need to learn multiple programming languages. Start with something easy like C and then gravitate upwards. Search for security on computing and read everything you can. Go to legal (and safe) security sites first, learn how to close your ports, secure your computer and then if you want to you can go to some of the more dubious sites. I assume you want to hack and just be a computing whizz, if you want to crack forget it, if u had to ask for help in the first place, you'll neve be good enough.
    Thats about it. The most you could hope for is to find out how to nuke people, but I haven't seen anyone bother trying that for a couple of years now.

ReputationRep:
    a bloke i have lectures with was that kid who got convicted of recently of hacking into the us nuclear research labs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    a bloke i have lectures with was that kid who got convicted of recently of hacking into the us nuclear research labs
    Lesson to be learnt. Don't hack into nuclear research labs! *Scribbles down furiously in case I ever decide to become a hacker*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    how is hacking outdated? it started with 15 year olds and now the goverment teaches hackers! so in fact its advancing much more than ever before. Hacking is turning out to be a very professional bussines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saintsin)
    how is hacking outdated? it started with 15 year olds and now the goverment teaches hackers! so in fact its advancing much more than ever before. Hacking is turning out to be a very professional bussines.
    You prove my point. Once upon a time, hacking was all about the guy at home, after a hard days work, or sometimes hard days being unemployed, sitting down in front of his computer and reading through source code, writing his own programmes for firewalls, routers, sniffers, smurfing etc. Now it is 'taught' as you so aptly put it. It is nothing more than another computer course to be learnt. When I first started learning about all this, I was able to programme an effective nuke. Such things are extinct now as any joe blow can just write a firewall that allows the user to select precisely which traffic is allowed, and which ports may be open etc at any one time. Hacking is dead. Now it really is just part of any computer science degree. Correct me if I'm wrong, but one entire module of a degree in computer science is devoted solely to IP Tables right? I leave you with a saying. -You will never be safe from hackers. Unless you're a better hacker- First thing a friend of mine learnt when he began a diploma in IT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    You prove my point. Once upon a time, hacking was all about the guy at home, after a hard days work, or sometimes hard days being unemployed, sitting down in front of his computer and reading through source code, writing his own programmes for firewalls, routers, sniffers, smurfing etc. Now it is 'taught' as you so aptly put it. It is nothing more than another computer course to be learnt. When I first started learning about all this, I was able to programme an effective nuke. Such things are extinct now as any joe blow can just write a firewall that allows the user to select precisely which traffic is allowed, and which ports may be open etc at any one time. Hacking is dead. Now it really is just part of any computer science degree. Correct me if I'm wrong, but one entire module of a degree in computer science is devoted solely to IP Tables right? I leave you with a saying. -You will never be safe from hackers. Unless you're a better hacker- First thing a friend of mine learnt when he began a diploma in IT.
    so are you saying that to be safe from hacking, you must hack others?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    so are you saying that to be safe from hacking, you must hack others?
    No, be better protected, and know more about the attacks than they do. Besides, hacking died a few years ago. It really is just another course to be learnt now.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 20, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.