The Student Room Group

Waiting List

London School of Economics sent me a letter that said I have been placed on an internal waiting list for further consideration. Has this happened to anyone else? What do you think are the chances of being admitted if put on such a list? The course I applied to was business mathematics and statistics. The only thing I'm suspicious about is that they say I was placed on a list due to "enormous demand for places," but I was under the impression that this was one of the less demanded courses. Does this mean that this is just a nice way of saying you have very little chance of getting in? Thank you!!
Reply 1
This is from their online prospectus -

Waiting list
There is severe competition for many of our courses and you should not therefore be surprised if your application is initially placed on a waiting list. This is done so that we may give fair and equal consideration to all the applications which are received by UCAS by the first closing date of 15 January. Since we do not receive the final 'on-time' application forms until late January, we put many earlier applications on the waiting list. It means that we wish to look at your application again in the light of the later UCAS forms which we receive. We will write to you if we put your application on this list and will invite you to send us any further and additional information on your application if you wish, for example, results of mock examinations, revised A level predictions, or further statements in support of your application.

I don't think it's too much to worry about

Latest

Trending

Trending