Turn on thread page Beta

Why is USA so hated watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Idol)
    I couldn't agree more with you, DNA test in one day?? Come on, DNA tests on body may take months.
    I'm not sure about that. I doubt America would be stupid enough to say they'd achieved the DNA test in one day if it wasn't actually possible.

However I still don't feel I should automatically beleive that this test ever happened or that the result was positive.

The US intelligence couldn't even locate Bin Laden yet they definitely already had the DNA of Saddam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Idol)
    EU and China? In that order?
    You got the right powers...

Existing power = China - They are certainly large enough, and have a large enough populace, and seeing as they are likely to be very friendly with N.Korea, they will have nuclear arms.

Potential power = EU - The member states need to become very close, but if they do, they will have enough power to combat the US.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thiefunseen)

Existing power = China - They are certainly large enough, and have a large enough populace, and seeing as they are likely to be very friendly with N.Korea, they will have nuclear arms.

um china is trying to talk N. Lorea into disarming and C is moving closer to USA.

ReputationRep:

Potential power = EU - The member states need to become very close, but if they do, they will have enough power to combat the US.
    China is just a factory of low-quality products...
    You could even see garbage with the label "Made in China"

ReputationRep:
    Actually I think that the most powerfull countries are the G8 ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nufctillidie)
    I wouldn't go as far as to say I hate the USA. I know a few Americans who are great people.
    how open minded of you.

However I have hated the way Bush has dealt with the war.
    For example...

Using September 11th to justify the Iraq war. Sep 11th should have made no difference to whether the USA tried to remove Saddam from power.
    so how does having a terrorist attack of that scale not effect foreign policy? and not sharpen a clearly lacklustre middle east threat assessment that slipped throughout the Clinton administration? the same administration that didnt monitor the activities or presence of Al-Qaeda and Bin Laden. or recognise the threat of fundamentalist Islamic states, or the fact that dictators like Saddam were entertaining the very same terrorists who drove planes into the twin towers. The Iraq war was about removing a threat and attempting to create long time stability in the region. Sept 11th was the wake up call to this threat and US foreign policy has correctly adjusted to meet that. 'In 24 months, Bush has perceptibly degraded terrorist operations throughout the world'

He had been a "tyrant" for years and the USA had not acted. They supplied Saddam with weapons when it suited them to do so.
    as did the French, Germans, Russians, the Chinese.
    they were fighting the small matter of the Cold War. you may not have been aware of this mainly because the US was protecting our and the rest of Europes asses. it was commonplace to aid opposition leaders who were willing to fight against communist states.

whats your point?

Guantanamo bay- Going against the geneva convention just shows the USA's arrogance.
    or the seriousness with which they regard these people and their crimes.

The fact that there does seem to be a majority of "thick" Americans irritates me.
    hmm, sorry about that.

It seems that all Bush has to do is sound patriotic in his speeches and thousands of yanks in the crowd will chant his name in approval.
    are they the same 40% of the country that were against the war? of which a considerable number actively protested?

I think Bush could do just about whatever he wanted and as long as he made it sound like a speech from the movies and Pro-American he'd get away with it.
    get away with what? capturing Saddam? bringing freedom to Iraq? protecting his country? protecting jobs? enjoying economic growth of over 7%? it is no coincedence that he will be re-elected in 2004.

Like I said I've got good friends who are American but I just hate the way the majority can't see through him.
    let me guess these american friends agree with you? slightly arrogant, no?

Although they have many proffessionals on average, I do think they are a "thick" nation. The most powerful nation is certainly not the most intellectual/reasoned.
    and on what grand and trusted grounds do you judge a nations intelligence?

I don't trust Bush and his government to the extent that I am not certain that Saddam is actually captured. Bush could not have handled not getting Saddam especially after his failure in getting Osama. "We're gonna flush him out".......

I've read an article before showing a picture of Saddam and twenty of his look alikes. It is IMPOSSIBLE to tell the difference. There is no reason to beleive that the USA have not simply captured a loyal Saddam lookalike. DNA testing is the only way to proove it. The USA claim to have Saddam's DNA and that this man on televisions DNA matches it. But personally I can find no reason why I should automatically trust anything Bush says.

There's no way Saddam would have simply given himself up. If the person they have caught is actually Saddam, he must have been drugged.

It'll be interesting to see whether the allegedly "captured" Saddam is allowed to speak out. My guess is that he will conveniantly commit suicide after telling the USA that they were 100% justified in attacking Iraq. OR he will presently be being drugged and brainwashed by the USA continuously until he is in a state to admit to the world that he had x amount of weapons of mass D, and that he was close to using them on America etc..
    rotfl. you dont write for http://www.conspiracytheoriesandfarf...US********.com
    do you?

ReputationRep:
    Damn ... the thread has got contaminated ...

The cops are around here ...

:mad:

ReputationRep:
    in what sense?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    in what sense?
    I'm hoping they meant on an economic/industrial level. We don't need anymore wars. Not yet anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peace)
    Ok why is US policy so hated? compare it with other goverments what would you prefer a capitalist, communist or facist governing body? look how communism failed and depresive it was to the people and economy, hmm in a dictatorship dont even bother to raise a though or you just might get shot.

In a capitalist goverment people at least can protest, have a dream and speak their mind, do that in the other kind of goverments its a jail sentence, exile or even death.

The more religious dependant the country is the more backwards their society.. just like Europe was 500 years ago, no rights for women what so ever and other life freedoms.

Look at countries with dictatorship goverments, there is no economy, constantly at war, innocent people dying of hunger.

no country is perfect but at least USA is a better one compared to others.

i seen here a poster mixing bush with hitler... what would you mix saddam with? Satan.... Bust maby not a good president but at least he is a democratic and if the people dont like him then he wont be in power, try that with saddam, impossible until US helped.

I hope im gonna get a constructive argument.
    people think the usa are sly and evil because they have all the power

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    people think the usa are sly and evil because they have all the power
    and we want it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I'm hoping they meant on an economic/industrial level. We don't need anymore wars. Not yet anyway.
    it wouldnt be a war, it would be a massacre.

ReputationRep:
    it wouldnt be a war, it would be a massacre.
    Only if I got charge of a division or perhaps even a corps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Only if I got charge of a division or perhaps even a corps.
    as long as i get to do the actual shooting

ReputationRep:
    And as long as I get to keep the loot.

ReputationRep:
    "how open minded of you."?
    --Thanks

"so how does having a terrorist attack of that scale not effect foreign policy? and not sharpen a clearly lacklustre middle east threat assessment that slipped throughout the Clinton administration? the same administration that didnt monitor the activities or presence of Al-Qaeda and Bin Laden. or recognise the threat of fundamentalist Islamic states, or the fact that dictators like Saddam were entertaining the very same terrorists who drove planes into the twin towers. The Iraq war was about removing a threat and attempting to create long time stability in the region. Sept 11th was the wake up call to this threat and US foreign policy has correctly adjusted to meet that. 'In 24 months, Bush has perceptibly degraded terrorist operations throughout the world'"
    --------- I didn't say it shouldn't affect foreign policy. If Bin Laden was responsible for it, I haven't got a problem with Bush trying to find him and his followers.

"dictators like Saddam were entertaining the very same terrorists who drove planes into the twin towers" -- Wrong.. (proof that propoganda works)
    --------If the reason for invading Iraq and killing many innocent people was to "stabilise..." I put it to you that Bush has made things HIGHLY UN-stable by invading Iraq. I'd say the chances of a repeat of Sep 11th have probably trebled because of it. Also, there are much worse dictatorships in this world so why didn't Bush eliminate those before Iraq's?
    I suppose Iraq was just nearer ay? Or maybe it was the oil....

"as did the French, Germans, Russians, the Chinese."
    --------------Whats your point? They're guilty to.

"they were fighting the small matter of the Cold War. you may not have been aware of this mainly because the US was protecting our and the rest of Europes asses. it was commonplace to aid opposition leaders who were willing to fight against communist states. "
    -------------Rape is commonplace but it doesn't make it right.

whats your point?
    --My point is that America gave Bin Laden and Saddam W.O.M.D and then went to war with Saddam because they thought he "might" have W.O.M.D. Even though it turns out that there aren't any. Doh!

"are they the same 40% of the country that were against the war? of which a considerable number actively protested?"
    -----------No it's the other 60% (majority) *rolls eyes...*

get away with what? capturing Saddam? bringing freedom to Iraq? protecting his country? protecting jobs?

"""enjoying economic growth of over 7%? it is no coincedence that he will be re-elected in 2004."""
    ----------economic growth exactly. You've just defeated your own argument. Actually it's not your argument. It's the views you've been spoonfed by Bush..

"let me guess these american friends agree with you? slightly arrogant, no?"
    ------------I haven't asked them. What is slightly arrogant?

"and on what grand and trusted grounds do you judge a nations intelligence?"
    -------------I read between the lines. I watch video footage of a propoganda speech from Bush and his supporters and see the truths behind it all. I listen to comments of American people about these wars. "We've got him..." "we're gonna flush him out.." "no-body hurts the U.S.A and gets away with it."
    I see facts like only 40% of the USA were against the war.

"rotfl. you dont write for http://www.conspiracytheoriesandfarf...US********.com
    do you?
    "

--------No. Do You write for?

IbelieveEverythingIReadHearOrSee .com/AsLongAsImNotTheOneBeingKilledID ontCare/IAmLivingProofThatPropogandaAndC ensorshipWork

ReputationRep:
    "

--No.

DO you write for http://www.IbelieveEverythingIReadHe...ensorshipWork/
    the link doesnt work

ReputationRep:
    "

--No.

DO you write for http://www.IbelieveEverythingIReadHe...ensorshipWork/
    can you please edit it so i can correct you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    the link doesnt work
    *shakes head*

ReputationRep:
    can you please edit it so i can correct you.
    i believe it is

"http://www.IbelieveEverythingIReadHearO rSee.com/AsLongAsImNotTheOneBeingKilledID ontGiveAShit/IAmLivingProofThatPropogandaAndC ensorshipWork/"

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.