The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Question about Broadgrate Park. Help please :)

Both me and my boyfriend are looking at Nottingham University, he wants to do law while i study nursing.
Been looking at accommodation within halls and found the Twin En-suite Studio at Broadgrate Park.

Question is does anyone know if there are rules to follow when in twin rooms, is it possible for me and my boyfriend to look at applying for one of these rooms if we both get into nottingham.
Thanks x
What do you mean by rules?

As far as I know, you can study what you like and do what you like (within reason) - it'd be very rare for a boyfriend and girlfriend to be doing exactly the same course so I don't imagine you'll be the first to do so.

The only issue would be that it's quite a way away from the QMC, although quite convenient for Law.

Do you have a more specific question, it feels like you're skirting around something... :o:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Well basically will they let me and my boyfriend stay in a twin room or do you have to share with the same sex. Not really sure as the website was unclear
You're 18, they don't prohibit sex at uni anymore. :smile: They'll let you share.
Not at broadgate they wont. Flats are single sex in broadgate so your best option would be to request to be in the same block of flats so you can still be near each other. Alternatively you could look at places like raleigh park or st peters court, they let you have mixed sex flats
hidden_sacrifice
Not at broadgate they wont. Flats are single sex in broadgate so your best option would be to request to be in the same block of flats so you can still be near each other. Alternatively you could look at places like raleigh park or st peters court, they let you have mixed sex flats

Where did you get this information? My flat is mixed sex as are all the others I know of and I actually know of boyfriend/girlfriend couples living together in one of the twin studio rooms!

The issue with Studio rooms is that they tend to be rather unsociable. Also if you were to break up it could be awkward. You can request to be in a regular flat but have rooms next to each other if you want, some of my flatmates came as a four and live in the rooms next to each other in the flat.
Reply 6
hang on..... is broadgate single sex or mixed?????
Reply 7
see that is what i was unsure of, but getting rooms next to each other might be another option i think. Though i might end up going to nottingham trent atm to do teaching so living in brodgate would be the best idea.
I don't believe you can live in BGP if you go to Nottingham Trent.
Reply 9
you just sent me a message saying males on the bottom floor ..... ?
(edited 3 years ago)
my bad you said they're mixed lol
Reply 11
Christian_j
I don't believe you can live in BGP if you go to Nottingham Trent.

i was under the impression from the open day at QMC that both nottingham and nottingham trent students lived together as it were.
Because i was talking to one of the students and they said thats what they like that the two were mixed together so to speak
I know quite a few people from BGP, have never met a Trent student here...

You could just call up and ask them these questions for something more definitive lol, the reception's open now, give them a call! :smile:
Reply 13
Yeah just found some contact details thankyou :smile:
Reply 14
BGP is only for Nottingham uni.

SPC is shared between Nott and Trent.

BGP is mixed. You can request for single sex flat if you wish, but I doubt people will do that unless they are religious. You can also request to only live with vegetarians or non-smokers.

I've done my research about accomodation stuff...I have too much time ¬_¬
Reply 15
Wanischa
BGP is only for Nottingham uni.

SPC is shared between Nott and Trent.

BGP is mixed. You can request for single sex flat if you wish, but I doubt people will do that unless they are religious. You can also request to only live with vegetarians or non-smokers.

I've done my research about accomodation stuff...I have too much time ¬_¬

The man/lady speaks the truth.
Reply 16
They were single sex last year but mixed sex this year. This is why people may be getting a bit confused...
Yeah coz i was living there last year and i didn't know anyone who was in a mixed sex flat. i hadn't realised it changed
Christian_j
You're 18, they don't prohibit sex at uni anymore. :smile: They'll let you share.

:rofl:
I love how you just came out with it!

Do you know what acc. is the closest to QMC? Out of all of them I thought it was BGP (self catered)

Latest

Trending

Trending