Foundation Year Student Loan??? Watch

This discussion is closed.
[email protected]
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey, i'm a bit confused about student loans and was wondering if anyone could help?
I've been offered a place at Manchester Met Uni to do Law but for a Foundation Year and was just wondering whether anybody knows how much of the student loan i will be eligible for?
Also, how much are tuition fees for a foundation year course?
Thanks!
neo_2009
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
1 year foundation course?

That's FE not HE so no loans for you I'm afraid

However, if it is an integral part of a 4 year course you'll be entitled to the same HE funding as anyone else
[email protected]
Thanks for your reply!
Well once the foundation year is complete, if i pass, i'll automatically get put onto the normal LLB course.. so do you know if that would still be classed as an integrated part?
WhatTheFunk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
who running the course, you should be able to get a loan and to cover the fees, how much it will cost will be on the uni website it could be half
PsYCho ThInKeR
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by [email protected])
Thanks for your reply!
Well once the foundation year is complete, if i pass, i'll automatically get put onto the normal LLB course.. so do you know if that would still be classed as an integrated part?
im on a foundation course and like you if i pass i get on the the 5 year vet med course at nottingham. i get full loan and grant so yeah you will get all the loan as a normal uni student.
hope that helps
heidigirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Is the course Law(foundation) M101?

Because if so, UCAS has it down as a 4 year course-so yes, it is integrated. So you can get the same funding as everyone else.
[email protected]
(Original post by PsYCho ThInKeR)
im on a foundation course and like you if i pass i get on the the 5 year vet med course at nottingham. i get full loan and grant so yeah you will get all the loan as a normal uni student.
hope that helps
Yes that helps a lot, thank you! I've heard that many rumours about not getting any financial support etc. so I'm glad that one's cleared up now, thanks again for your help
[email protected]
(Original post by heidigirl)
Is the course Law(foundation) M101?

Because if so, UCAS has it down as a 4 year course-so yes, it is integrated. So you can get the same funding as everyone else.
Yeah it's M101.
Thank god! i was beginning to think that I'd have to stay in Stoke for another year lol thanks a lot for your help
[email protected]
(Original post by fatty_tbh)
This is sort of making me panic now, ive applied for an engineering foundation at loughborough.

Am i right in saying i do get a student loan, the course code is HH17.
Yeah you will get the same loan as you would for a normal degree course as it says on the website that it is a 4 year course and is therefore integrated into a full degree
ghassansn
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm a international student. I'm gonna be doing a international foundation course at a university in Manchester either salford or Manchester. However will I be able to get a student loan or any financial support to pay for the foundation course? The course is 1 year then I get put into a 4 year course HE.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ghassansn)
I'm a international student. I'm gonna be doing a international foundation course at a university in Manchester either salford or Manchester. However will I be able to get a student loan or any financial support to pay for the foundation course? The course is 1 year then I get put into a 4 year course HE.
do you meet the residency requirements of 5 years otherwise you may be able to get a tution fee loan otherwise you wont be eligible for any support.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (108)
14.38%
Excited (72)
9.59%
Worried (145)
19.31%
Terrified (174)
23.17%
Meh (48)
6.39%
Confused (20)
2.66%