Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, since sometimes threads pop up complaining about how misleading the name of this forum is...

ReputationRep:
    yes, i do.

ReputationRep:
    yes, if you ask a question , if anyone knows the answer, it is usually answered. just while we think of a question we like to chat!

ReputationRep:
    Yes. There are lots of chatty threads but there are also lots of academic ones too... if you know where to look! And people do generally try to help.

ReputationRep:
    Yup. learning about life, and sharing opinions, thus learning to listen to people, and express your views coherently. There are others which I can't remember. But during the stressful A-levels time, when I 1st came on, this place gave me answers to things I was stuck on, and helped me out loads with my work. Also got links to maths papers websites which saved my life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    yes, if you ask a question , if anyone knows the answer, it is usually answered. just while we think of a question we like to chat!
    That too!

ReputationRep:
    yep, it taught me the most time effective way of wasting time...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    some summer exams this terns into a place full of learning!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That girl who posted this:)
    Me too. I've almost failed my course thanks to this forum. :rolleyes:

hmmmm <calls a solicitor>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    some summer exams this terns into a place full of learning!
    in all seriousness ollie, this might seem a little extreme, but do u reckon u could give me a week long ban when my exams are on?? just so i'm not tempted...!!

ReputationRep:
    in all seriousness ollie, this might seem a little extreme, but do u reckon u could give me a week long ban when my exams are on?? just so i'm not tempted...!!
    When exams are on, you might need the forum, cos seriously it can get pretty busy aroundthat time (if june is anything to go by). And if you're stuck it will help you.

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry, I asked to be banned for one day due to bio coursework and me tempted. And he did. Ollies a good mod.

ReputationRep:
    whatever you like!

ReputationRep:
    Being banned won't do you any good. The d inside you will just register another account. I think the best thing you can do is to work without an internet connection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_guy)
    Being banned won't do you any good. The d inside you will just register another account. I think the best thing you can do is to work without an internet connection.
    nah, you are normanlly not that desperate

ReputationRep:
    Yes def!! Through this forum I came in contact with .NK who is studying Psychology @ Notts - exactly where and what I want to study!! She is the best person in the world and has been of immense help!! Given me SO MUCH info it's unbelievable!!

ReputationRep:
    I know I've learnt quite a bit from the people on this forum. Even though the concensus is that I haven't been here for very long. I must stipulate that I've logged a lot of bloody hours I just hope I continue learning all these lovely little interesting things.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.