Do you learn anything from uk-learning?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Lurker
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Just wondering, since sometimes threads pop up complaining about how misleading the name of this forum is...
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yes, i do.
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yes, if you ask a question , if anyone knows the answer, it is usually answered. just while we think of a question we like to chat!
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes. There are lots of chatty threads but there are also lots of academic ones too... if you know where to look! And people do generally try to help.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yup. learning about life, and sharing opinions, thus learning to listen to people, and express your views coherently. There are others which I can't remember. But during the stressful A-levels time, when I 1st came on, this place gave me answers to things I was stuck on, and helped me out loads with my work. Also got links to maths papers websites which saved my life!
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
yes, if you ask a question , if anyone knows the answer, it is usually answered. just while we think of a question we like to chat!
That too!
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yep, it taught me the most time effective way of wasting time...
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by serendipity)
some summer exams this terns into a place full of learning!
a_musical_guy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by That girl who posted this:)
Me too. I've almost failed my course thanks to this forum. :rolleyes:

hmmmm <calls a solicitor>
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
some summer exams this terns into a place full of learning!
in all seriousness ollie, this might seem a little extreme, but do u reckon u could give me a week long ban when my exams are on?? just so i'm not tempted...!!
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
in all seriousness ollie, this might seem a little extreme, but do u reckon u could give me a week long ban when my exams are on?? just so i'm not tempted...!!
When exams are on, you might need the forum, cos seriously it can get pretty busy aroundthat time (if june is anything to go by). And if you're stuck it will help you.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Dont worry, I asked to be banned for one day due to bio coursework and me tempted. And he did. Ollies a good mod.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
whatever you like!
a_musical_guy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Being banned won't do you any good. The d inside you will just register another account. I think the best thing you can do is to work without an internet connection.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_guy)
Being banned won't do you any good. The d inside you will just register another account. I think the best thing you can do is to work without an internet connection.
nah, you are normanlly not that desperate
vavavoom
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes def!! Through this forum I came in contact with .NK who is studying Psychology @ Notts - exactly where and what I want to study!! She is the best person in the world and has been of immense help!! Given me SO MUCH info it's unbelievable!!
Sire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I know I've learnt quite a bit from the people on this forum. Even though the concensus is that I haven't been here for very long. I must stipulate that I've logged a lot of bloody hours I just hope I continue learning all these lovely little interesting things.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (36)
7.48%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (38)
7.9%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (115)
23.91%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (68)
14.14%
No, nothing has changed (146)
30.35%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (78)
16.22%

Watched Threads