Do guys actually get crushes on girls?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
In general do guys get crushes (as in constantly thinking about/feeling affection for) on girls based on her personality? Say if she wasn't a looker but was unusual, adventurous you know like girls get crushes on guys because of how they act/their coolness do guys get crushes on girls like this? Or is it a simple matter of she looks good I want her?
Benzo[a]pyrene
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No, we have more important things to do.
Rich_183
Badges: 15
Report 11 years ago
Looks first :P mmmmm but nah depends
username220598
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes :moon:
TheWulf
Report 11 years ago
mainly due to looks i think
as us guys make hard work of actually talking to our crushes
took me ages to do so, but i managed to scramble a few hi's together and then asked her out

hard work though - i was thinking about her loads for about 2 weeks before hand, added to the pressure
kevin_123
Badges: 13
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Rich_183)
Looks first :P mmmmm but nah depends
True tbh.. I think most guys will go for looks first THEN go for personality..

So, appearence is the first stage of the filtration process..
Sweet Pea
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What kind of question is this? Of course they do.
Hanvyj
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Depends what u mean by "crush" mostly the girls i fancied at school i had never spoken a word to... mmm Heidi
Anonymous #1
(Original post by kevin_123)
True tbh.. I think most guys will go for looks first THEN go for personality..

So, appearence is the first stage of the filtration process..
but u can be fooled by appearance she could look lovely when u see her but look horrible when she wakes up and hasnt done her hair and makeup. Do u dump her then.
mr eko
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hmmm...kind of.

I mean I'm not going to lie and say I've had a crush on someone who (I find) is ugly because she has a great personality, but I only get a crush if I love their personality.

I have a feeling I've misunderstood the question though.
~ Purple Rose ~
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I hope so. I hope the guy I have a crush on does, anyway
mau5
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Don't think i would unless i found her attractive. Definately get crushes though.:o:
mr eko
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Actually thinking back there has been a few crushes I've had who I thought were attractive. Now I find them ugly, so maybe it was the crush disguising that.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ~ Mandy ~)
I hope so. I hope the guy I have a crush on does, anyway
me too I like a guy at college but only have my personality to attract with but he isn't much of a looker either yet I like him.
DaveSteed24
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
In general do guys get crushes (as in constantly thinking about/feeling affection for) on girls based on her personality? Say if she wasn't a looker but was unusual, adventurous you know like girls get crushes on guys because of how they act/their coolness do guys get crushes on girls like this? Or is it a simple matter of she looks good I want her?
yeah of course - i don't get how u can have a crush on someone just because they look good - but i'm only interested in having a relationship and talk about all the stuff we'd have in common and taking her nice places - that's what i'd be thinking about during the crush because that's what i want - that's what i find attractive - the more important things

i suppose i'm lucky that all my crushes have been gorgeous too - or unlucky depending on how u look at it - coz unfortunately my crushes are never returned - so i kinda wish i didn't get them sometimes
Wltsm
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Er yea, it's happened to me!
FuzzyDunlop
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I used to be totally infatuated with this girl in years 9,10 and 11 (where I kinda snapped out of it). It wasn't a silly school boy crush either (had one of those in Y7 or 8. I acted like a loon, totally embarrassing).

She was (and still is) attractive but it wasn't purely that. I barely knew her so it wasn't personality. I think I may have forced it on myself because it's nice to think of nice things.

There was another girl I started to develop a crush on. Her name may have been Average McAverage because she was just 100% average. I bet most people would look or think twice about her. I may have only heard her speak a couple of times. I like to think she had feelings for me because I saw her looking a couple of times. But maybe she knew there was some random guy ignoring his mates and spending his break looking at some girl.

In college there is nobody who interests me in the same way as those two girls. Not sure if I'd like it to stay that way.....

:x
londonlawguy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Hanvyj)
Depends what u mean by "crush" mostly the girls i fancied at school i had never spoken a word to... mmm Heidi
Just a thought, but did this heidi have straight gingery brown hair? Can't be that many hot heidi's in the world.

As to the general question - duh, obviously yes.

Now for the answer to the next thread, 'do guys breath oxygen?'
Miss Attitude
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yup!
some do,am sure they do but some guys go for LOOKS and that is all they look for in a girl.
BlondieNC
Report 11 years ago
all about personality really, when dated pretty looking girls either 1.) ****s 2.) *****es 3.) rubbish personality
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (84)
26.17%
England (108)
33.64%
Belgium (27)
8.41%
Germany (38)
11.84%
Spain (6)
1.87%