Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is there any Chinese student here? I plan to visit China next year. I'd like to ask about the travelling information. thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthew0421)
    Is there any Chinese student here? I plan to visit China next year. I'd like to ask about the travelling information. thanks
    I am a Chinese student and very glad to answer your questions.
    Which cities are you going to visit?You know China is quite big~~~~~

ReputationRep:
    thanks, for travelling with my family. I think we will visit Peking, sanhai etc.

ReputationRep:
    thanks, for travelling with my family. I think we will visit Peking, sanhai etc.
    One pointer. Always haggle. When the chinese see a forigner they charge 200% extra. Because they know we dont like to haggle and the price is so low anyway that it makes no difference to us.

And also you might be advised to go as a group as You will get lost. Might as well as I been to China a few times with my dad for business trips and always go like in a group tour. Its much better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    One pointer. Always haggle. When the chinese see a forigner they charge 200% extra. Because they know we dont like to haggle and the price is so low anyway that it makes no difference to us.
    you might as well pay the higher price, if it doesn't make a difference. give them some extra income, they might need it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    you might as well pay the higher price, if it doesn't make a difference. give them some extra income, they might need it.
    Well to us it might no, thats true. Its like an extra gew pence. But to them its prolly a days wages.

ReputationRep:
    I live in Peking,in mainland of China we always call it "Beijing".
    The most beautiful season in Peking is autumn.Summer is too hot in both Peking and Shaanghai,and because of the summer holiday,there are too many visitors.
    BTW,I think Xi'an is worth to visit,better than Shaaghai.It is quite famouse and really interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jinsisi)
    I live in Peking,in mainland of China we always call it "Beijing".
    The most beautiful season in Peking is autumn.Summer is too hot in both Peking and Shaanghai,and because of the summer holiday,there are too many visitors.
    BTW,I think Xi'an is worth to visit,better than Shaaghai.It is quite famouse and really interesting.
    I concur.Everytime I went to Shanghai is like my eyes are being raped by the modern architectures.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.cphoto.net/czdh/cxb/zh8.jpg

"丽江古城"
    Lee Jiang

worth a visit
    residents there would not sell you at a double price.they are totaly unsophisticated,honest.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.