Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    or Newcastle polytechnic (j/k)

Seriously, that is a standard set of results for oxbridge candidates
    Wat is your obsession with Newcastle "polytechnic" exactly?
    Do u mean northumbria?
    Cos Newcastle University is the best university in the north of england....

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    (Original post by Rob24601)
    I am currently planning to apply next year (entry 2005) to either oxford or cambridge to study Geography, i am predicted all As at A-level but i am not sure if my GCSE grades are up to the standard they may expect. Could anybody tell me if these grades would be good enough for me to stand a chance of being able to gain entrance.

Chemistry A*
    Geography A*
    Information Tech. A*
    Mathematics A*
    Business Studies A
    French A
    English Language A
    English Literature A
    Biology A
    Physics A

If you could possibly inform me it would be very helpful.

Thanks,
    Rob
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

argh of course they are.....zombie nation...parents tellign ppl 'get into Oxbridge or you're out the door' for ****s sake

ReputationRep:
    "Chemistry A*
    Geography A*
    Information Tech. A*
    Mathematics A*
    Business Studies A
    French A
    English Language A
    English Literature A
    Biology A
    Physics A"

why did you bother to ask if these are good enough results? Am i missing something here? Are better results than these common in other people's schools? I never thought my school was crap until now...

ReputationRep:
    It would appear so, at my school alone there were about 16 people with similar results to me (ie. all A*/As) and I was always under the impression, as my school is a grammar school in a poor area that there would be a lot of students with better results than this from lots of other schools.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.