Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    So letters from other institutions are not as important eh? That's just stupid. I understand that people deserve to talk about this but why TWO stickey's?

And for your info i'm not questioning every damn thing I see.
    OVERALL, IN GENRAL TERMS, ON THIS FORUM, they r not as important because the majority have applied to/are most nervous about oxbridge letters, tehrefore this sticky is more worthy than that of another uni's thread, bcoz the majority are most concerned/bothered/nervous/hoping for the oxbridge letter.

and for your info: u r questioning everything u see.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully it will encourage those of us who get rejected to talk about it and realise they are not the only ones. I think I'll only be a little disappointed if I don't get in as although Oxford was nice it wasn't perfect and made me realise I would be just as happy somewhere else.

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly it, thanks Hildabeast :'(
    Good enough for some rep (wink wink)????

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazzle)
    Hopefully it will encourage those of us who get rejected to talk about it and realise they are not the only ones. I think I'll only be a little disappointed if I don't get in as although Oxford was nice it wasn't perfect and made me realise I would be just as happy somewhere else.

I'm very nervous now, I'm waiting for the post....thats the worst bit. our post is always late nowadays. and a friend i met at oxford just rang to tell me that shes in!! very happy for her........and I'll love to get in with in....just hope i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by powerball)
    I would say below average.... the school almost told me not to try. The tutor in the interview, asked me to "explain what happened in my GCSEs"... quite painful at the time
    They were probably seeing how you coped with intimidation etc...
    I know someone who got into Cambridge with 4 or 5 A's at GCSE, so you're actually doing really well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_thompson)
    OVERALL, IN GENRAL TERMS, ON THIS FORUM, they r not as important because the majority have applied to/are most nervous about oxbridge letters, tehrefore this sticky is more worthy than that of another uni's thread, bcoz the majority are most concerned/bothered/nervous/hoping for the oxbridge letter.

and for your info: u r questioning everything u see.
    'More worthy...' how discriminatory. Seems to me like you just want to feel important coz you've applied to Oxbridge. You haven't answered my question.WHY TWO?

If I am questioning everything I see then when haven't I commented on all the forums I have viewed. Seems like you're assuming 'everything' = 'you'.

I don't want to argue with you on this forum, if you have more complaints, plz PM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by powerball)
    3A*s 6As 2Bs and A in additional maths (not really a real subject)

I said I did subjects that would expand my horizons like Art and DT, things that I can be creative in instead of jumping through hoops... then I said something about not realising GCSEs were of importance and so not putting much into it.
    hmm...my school recommended i didn't apply to cabridge for english cos i only got 7A*s and 3As...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    hmm...my school recommended i didn't apply to cabridge for english cos i only got 7A*s and 3As...
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I hope you ignored them and applied anyway. That is more than enough!!! I got 4A*, 4A, 3B and I'm at Oxford now.

ReputationRep:
    'More worthy...' how discriminatory. Seems to me like you just want to feel important coz you've applied to Oxbridge. You haven't answered my question.WHY TWO?

If I am questioning everything I see then when haven't I commented on all the forums I have viewed. Seems like you're assuming 'everything' = 'you'.

I don't want to argue with you on this forum, if you have more complaints, plz PM.
    but i havent applied to oxbridge. and i mean more worthy as in more worthy to talk about because:

a.) it is the uni's that people in here are most concerned/hopeful of/wanting to get in/prestigious etc.
    b.) people are getting their offers from today onwards.
    c.) it is the best 2 uni's in the land.

and this thread is different to the other oxbridge thread.

ao yeahh, i think it has more importance/relevance than a durham or leeds thread that clever people get into easily anyway.

oxbridge is teh big one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    I hope you ignored them and applied anyway. That is more than enough!!! I got 4A*, 4A, 3B and I'm at Oxford now.

no i didn't... then again, i don't think Cambridge would be for me anyway...but now i'll never know.

ReputationRep:
    no i didn't... then again, i don't think Cambridge would be for me anyway...but now i'll never know.
    That's terrible. If you don't mind me asking what kind of school do you go to???

ReputationRep:
    but i havent applied to oxbridge. and i mean more worthy as in more worthy to talk about because:

a.) it is the uni's that people in here are most concerned/hopeful of/wanting to get in/prestigious etc.

ao yeahh, i think it has more importance/relevance than a durham or leeds thread that clever people get into easily anyway.

oxbridge is teh big one.
    I said I don't want to argue with you on this forum. I'll PM you.

ReputationRep:
    So where did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    I said I don't want to argue with you on this forum. I'll PM you.
    if you dont want to argue then dont start the arguments - simple.

ReputationRep:
    if you dont want to argue then dont start the arguments - simple.
    Shh!

ReputationRep:

oxbridge is teh big one.
    a) I know a lot of people who applied but wouldn't go if they got an offer from their first choice - eg. nottingham
    b) people get their offers from all unis at the moment - so what?
    c) I beg to differ - they may be the most prestigious in the land, but Nottingham is a better university for English that Oxford.

"ao yeahh, i think it has more importance/relevance than a durham or leeds thread that clever people get into easily anyway."

"clever people" do not automatically get into these other universities. there is more competition for places at nottingham than at oxbridge. get your facts right and please don't make such sweeping generalisations.

i have no problem with this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    That's terrible. If you don't mind me asking what kind of school do you go to???

according to those league table thingies its the 4th best in the country... it's a private girls school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouKnewThat!)
    So where did you apply to?
    Nottingham, Birmingham, Durham, Southampton, Warwick and York

offers from Bham and Southampton, rejected from warwick.

ReputationRep:
    a) I know a lot of people who applied but wouldn't go if they got an offer from their first choice - eg. nottingham
    b) people get their offers from all unis at the moment - so what?
    c) I beg to differ - they may be the most prestigious in the land, but Nottingham is a better university for English that Oxford.

"ao yeahh, i think it has more importance/relevance than a durham or leeds thread that clever people get into easily anyway."

"clever people" do not automatically get into these other universities. there is more competition for places at nottingham than at oxbridge. get your facts right and please don't make such sweeping generalisations.

i have no problem with this thread.
    that is complete rubbish.

U DONT APPLY FOR A FIRST CHOICE UNI THEN TURN DOWN THE OFFER, THAT IS RIDICULOUSLY STUPID. U APPLY TO A UNIVERSITY IN THE HOPE OF GETTING AN OFFER COZ U WANT TO GO THERE. IF U REJECT IT THEN YOU ARE STUPID AND WASTED BOTH YOUR TIME AND THE UNVERISTY'S TIME.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.