Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    Why do you say that? Girls' colleges are not bad places. More men hang around here than in most colleges I'd say hehe!!! Seriously it is not a problem socially and has a number of academic benefits. I hate it when people discount something just because of one tiny thing like that.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    But equally St Hilda is not as prestigious as, say, Christ Church.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    serendipity

Maybe you should also consider the fact that the competition for places at Universities such as Nottingham is not as high as at Oxford.
    by the way, perhaps you should consider that this year so far Nottingham has overtaken Leeds as the most oversubscribed university in the UK.

Why do you say that? Girls' colleges are not bad places. More men hang around here than in most colleges I'd say hehe!!! Seriously it is not a problem socially and has a number of academic benefits. I hate it when people discount something just because of one tiny thing like that.

i know, i know, i realise now that it probably would have been stupid of me to do it but i went to an all girls school and the thought of another three years withall that *****ing and rubbish was not something i wanted

anyway yes back to the topic...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by powerball)
    darn this was such a happy thread 2 hours ago....

p.s. I cant be the only one to have got a reply???
    ...I'm still waiting for the post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    by the way, perhaps you should consider that this year so far Nottingham has overtaken Leeds as the most oversubscribed university in the UK.
    Ah, but what about the quality of the competition? Quantity does not equal quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by powerball)
    darn this was such a happy thread 2 hours ago....

p.s. I cant be the only one to have got a reply???
    Looks like it!!! I only got my offer on Christmas Eve and I was one of the very first people to be interviewed. Apparently they were trying to find me place in some college or other and then realised they had one all along at the first college :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    again, i disagree. a friend of mine walked out halfway through her written test because she decided it wasn't for her.

at the end of the day, it's just another university, and if you apply to 6 excellent universities then of course you are inevitable going to reject 4 of them - one of which could be oxbridge, so i don't quite see your point. other universities also interview.
    well she didnt do her research then did she.

anyway, that statement was completely irrelevant - COZ SHE DDINT GET AN OFFER TO REJECT ANYWAY.

jesus..............

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Ah, but what about the quality of the competition? Quantity does not equal quality.
    Just as high... entry requirements are just as high if not higher at Notts than at Oxbridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    that's a ridiculous and derogatory point to make Tek, no one outside the university can accurately knows the quality of the competition at any university.

(Original post by Tek)
    it will be just as high, yes all oxbridge candidates have AAA but those applying for most notts courses have AAB or AAA, though we dont make a habit of telling each other our grades everyone in my block has AAA or AAB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ensocopier)
    Just as high... entry requirements are just as high if not higher at Notts than at Oxbridge
    true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_thompson)

anyway, that statement was completely irrelevant - COZ SHE DDINT GET AN OFFER TO REJECT ANYWAY.

jesus..............
    I take it you are applying to oxbridge. They will reject you straight away if you act like this in your interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ensocopier)
    That's rubbish. I was offered AAB from Oxford whereas Notts offered me BBB.

ReputationRep:

All offers are done on an individual basis

not offence but you didnt apply for a particularly popular subject did you...

ReputationRep:

maybe it's not accurate for all courses. However for English Cambridge and Notts ask between AAA and ABB.

ReputationRep:

Exactly. Of course entry requirements at Oxbridge are higher than at Nottingham.

ReputationRep:
    maybe it's not accurate for all courses. However for English Cambridge and Notts ask between AAA and ABB.
    I got asked for AAA for economics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rah)
    not offence but you didnt apply for a particularly popular subject did you...
    Well I don't know because I never really seriously considered Nottingham so I didn't look into it but I applied for Philosophy.

Correction, sorry, offer was ABC with B in philosophy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_thompson)

jesus..............
    some people are beyond belief...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.