The Student Room Group

paper rounds

does anyone know much about these, i.e. what the pay and workload are like?

i'm not one who minds getting up early in the morning if there's something to be done (it's always possible to go to sleep after i guess). i'm thinking about maybe doing one for a short while to get some money for my holiday.

Scroll to see replies

Erm, well I had a paper round when I was younger, I earnt £15 per week plus tips at Christmas :smile:

Although if I were to find a job now I'd easily earn triple that in just one day, still money is money.

Workload can sometimes seem difficult at first, but its a good way to exercise, i did mine on my bike mind.
Reply 2
You don't have to have a paper round in the morning you could do a local paper instead of nationals.

That means you only do 1-2 days a week for roughly the same pay but more papers
Reply 3
i had two paper rounds with the local paper. The minimun i earnt was around £8, that wa with no leaflets, if there were leaflets I earned more
Reply 4
silence
does anyone know much about these, i.e. what the pay and workload are like?

i'm not one who minds getting up early in the morning if there's something to be done (it's always possible to go to sleep after i guess). i'm thinking about maybe doing one for a short while to get some money for my holiday.

My sister has just started one, delivering 700 papers for £26.50, it took for at least 2 hours a night for 5 days, because its really rubbish round. She did them after school, its a monthly newspaper, so the next load of papers should be delivered like next week. I think shes going to give it up after the next set of papers though.
Reply 5
17.40 a week for about 30 houses a day, though they are quite spread out. easy money!
Reply 6
You want one for papers people have paid for, not the local freebies. better pay and less work
Reply 7
If you're going for a paper round try and get one in an area where people read the Sun etc, the Sunday Broadsheets are beggars to get through the letter boxes :mad: (I used to work in a papershop and had to take the rounds out when the paperboys didn't show up, I did get to drive my bosses shiny Audi though!! :biggrin:)
Reply 8
God i ahte the Telegraph. I used to get £10 a week for 24 houses, working every day except Sunday. xx
Reply 9
i think i might stick to planning bank raids. (this is a joke, if there are any MI5/scotland yard people browsing this site)

not saying that it looks like an unworthy job, but i'm going away in a few weeks. so the most it would contribute to is a few glasses of pimms.
Reply 10
i get £36 a week. i do 1 hour on saturday and 1 hour on sunday
I used to get £8 per week for Mon-Sun, about 450 papers per week. All weathers. Used to get mainly the chavvy types who read The Sun, Mirror and Daily Sport. Hated Wednesdays as we got a heavy local paper called The Chad to deliver on top. Took me about an hour each morning, starting at 6. My brother also did a round, but he got £11 per week, but he got the intellectuals who read the Times/Observer/Guardian, before they had the tabloid editions of these.

Marcus
Reply 12
last summer i did paper round but with leaflets from some pizza shop. i think it was something like 200-300 leaflets for 25 quid and it took approx 2-3 hrs.
Reply 13
*steph 247*
You want one for papers people have paid for, not the local freebies. better pay and less work

I wouldn't agree with you there. I got paid a minimum of £25 a week for delivering a "local freebie", if not more. I only had to do it once a week (about 300 houses= 2hrs) For a national paper you have to do it everday for a similar pay of around £25-30 a wk.
Reply 14
MAN WAT EVER U DO DONT DO PAPER ROUNDS.. I USE TO DO IT!!! IT IS BADD N **** MONEY :eek: :eek: :eek: :tsr:
i used to do the local free paper, about 200-250 papers, got about £5, was pretty awful for 2 hrs work
Reply 16
Paper rounds suck. Although i get £20 so thats like £10 per hour which includes the time it takes me to take some down the skip
Reply 17
racheld1985
i used to do the local free paper, about 200-250 papers, got about £5, was pretty awful for 2 hrs work

Jesus flecking christ! £5!?

I get £20 for doing 275 lol
i did a paper round for a few years, i got paid £20 a week for doing 3 paper rounds on a saturday and 2 on a sunday. used to do one in the week as well. my tip is to roll papers up and only half push them through the door as it saves time and they don't get all ripped and mangled. there was one house which had a dog and i had to keep running from it, i was quite scared :frown: but tips at xmas are good
Reply 19
you cant really get any lower than paper rounds. Usually it is just idiots who decide to work annoyinying early for little more than peanuts. I wouldnt bother to do it for £500 a week, let alone the pointless amount you would probably get.

Latest

Trending

Trending