Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There have been rumours about Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn from The Lord of the Rings) is a communist. Is this true? It can't be! I'm in an argument about it with my sister and I can't lose. Anyone who comes across this message board PLEASE try to scrounge up some info. Communist oppinons are welcome as well. As long as it makes Viggo look good!

ReputationRep:
    Apparently he just has a fondness for Cuba and when he visited he gave an interview to a Communist newspaper. I know he was involved in the anti-war movement and has been pretty critical of the American government, but that doesn't make him a 'Communist'. To be honest though I think his political stance is his own business.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruenna)
    There have been rumours about Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn from The Lord of the Rings) is a communist. Is this true? It can't be! I'm in an argument about it with my sister and I can't lose. Anyone who comes across this message board PLEASE try to scrounge up some info. Communist oppinons are welcome as well. As long as it makes Viggo look good!
    what's so wrong with him being a communist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    what's so wrong with him being a communist?
    Aha!!! Does this indicate that the Iron Curtain has again descended over Europe??? Does Elpaw represent a new Polish adoption of communist policies??? Or is ChCh just becoming more left wing???

Lol ChCh and 'left wing' in the same sentence??? Surely not....!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    Aha!!! Does this indicate that the Iron Curtain has again descended over Europe??? Does Elpaw represent a new Polish adoption of communist policies??? Or is ChCh just becoming more left wing???

Lol ChCh and 'left wing' in the same sentence??? Surely not....!!!

no, its just that somehow it is the end of the world for ruenna if Viggo is a communist, which I think is a bit irrational.

ReputationRep:
    I could care less what his ideas are. It just angers me that some people are willing to judge his acting career on his private political matters!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.