Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by albion-mad-nick)
    Still no response to my application, still says "Mac to approve". Hurry up Reading!
    yeah mine is taking long as well---grrr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlotteCoster)
    yeah mine is taking long as well---grrr

what does mac to approve mean?...have we been accepted and need approval...or are we still on the maybe list haha...

takin aaaaaaaaaaagesss

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaronm1)
    what does mac to approve mean?...have we been accepted and need approval...or are we still on the maybe list haha...

takin aaaaaaaaaaagesss

x
    yeah i think the application has been sent to the hall and we're on the maybe list waiting for them to say yes or no. grrrr. i thought the process was quicker than this. and i really need to go into the bulmershe hall otherwise i will have to walk miles!

ReputationRep:
    anyone know what "Wtg To Approve" means? its not in the key .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cylus99)
    anyone know what "Wtg To Approve" means? its not in the key .
    have u only recently entered the application. because it means it sounds your application hasn't be acknowledged yet. unless WTG is a shortening for a hall.

ReputationRep:
    have u only recently entered the application. because it means it sounds your application hasn't be acknowledged yet. unless WTG is a shortening for a hall.
    about a week ago?? umm i applied wessex as 1st choice and wantage as second, suppose it could be short for wantage?? :/

ReputationRep:
    about a week ago?? umm i applied wessex as 1st choice and wantage as second, suppose it could be short for wantage?? :/
    yeah i would probably say thats it...eek. i put wessex as my second choice and i really don't want to go to my third choice. i hope it won't come to that

ReputationRep:
    yeah i would probably say thats it...eek. i put wessex as my second choice and i really don't want to go to my third choice. i hope it won't come to that
    :/ thats annoying i wanted wessex as its a fair bit cheaper being self catered. ahh well. do you know if catered means like alllll meals or just some or what?

ReputationRep:
    :/ thats annoying i wanted wessex as its a fair bit cheaper being self catered. ahh well. do you know if catered means like alllll meals or just some or what?
    i don't really know, it changes per uni and stuff. i think they give you a card or something and that contributes for some of the food or something like that. it probably won't be the full amount.

ReputationRep:
    Wantage is fully catered - 3 meals a day except Saturday and Sunday where there is no evening meal.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i think the application has been sent to the hall and we're on the maybe list waiting for them to say yes or no. grrrr. i thought the process was quicker than this. and i really need to go into the bulmershe hall otherwise i will have to walk miles!

same....i thought it wudnt take that long at all =/....

ahhh what are u studying?...im lucky...im on whiteknights

xx

ReputationRep:
    i know a couple of people have asked this already but do you know how long it takes for the email to come through to log into the portal? because there was no ID on my letter from the uni, and i want to make my accom choices ASAP. thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Aaaaarghhh come on stenton, acceptttt meeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areithr)
    i know a couple of people have asked this already but do you know how long it takes for the email to come through to log into the portal? because there was no ID on my letter from the uni, and i want to make my accom choices ASAP. thanks in advance
    there should have been so you had better ring them (don't email, they never reply but they are really good on the phone) to find out. as you definitely need this to log in.

ReputationRep:
    yay i got accepted by bulmershe hall today whoooo. i have somewhere to live

ReputationRep:
    the people that got accepted by hall. when do u get the actual offer? i have my statzs as 'pat accepted ' for ages but still no offer..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smarty)
    the people that got accepted by hall. when do u get the actual offer? i have my statzs as 'pat accepted ' for ages but still no offer..
    doesn't that mean you have been accepted into the hall but you won't get the actual offer until you get the grades to go to reading

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smarty)
    I'm sure I read in one of the accommodation leaflets that they send out offers from May onwards, but I can't find it now. Mine's been "Mac accepted" for ages too. At least that means we've got a room!

Edit: I've just found it, it's just a printout of a flow diagram of how to apply but it says: From May onwards a formal offer of accommodation will be made through Student Accommodation Online." So hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GapYearGirl)
    I'm sure I read in one of the accommodation leaflets that they send out offers from May onwards, but I can't find it now. Mine's been "Mac accepted" for ages too. At least that means we've got a room!

Edit: I've just found it, it's just a printout of a flow diagram of how to apply but it says: From May onwards a formal offer of accommodation will be made through Student Accommodation Online." So hopefully we won't have to wait too long.
    wait i don't understand. i thought that hall accepted you had a room and then that would be officially confirmed in augusut when we knew whether we were coming to reading or not. i'm confused! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    wait i don't understand. i thought that hall accepted you had a room and then that would be officially confirmed in augusut when we knew whether we were coming to reading or not. i'm confused! :confused:
    Well going by the flow chart I have, when it says "Hall accepted" that means that whichever hall it is has provisionally allocated you a room. Then from May onwards you will get a formal offer. You have 14 days to accept or decline the offer. If you accept the offer then you enter into a legally-binding contract with the university, and you will be asked to pay a deposit within 10 days. Once the deposit is paid then your place in halls is secure.
    So yes, you have a room allocated for you now but in theory I think they could change it. Once you've paid the deposit the room is definitely yours. I'm not sure how this fits in with results, because I had an unconditional offer, sorry! Hopefully someone else will be along later who knows more than I do

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.