Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GapYearGirl)
    Well going by the flow chart I have, when it says "Hall accepted" that means that whichever hall it is has provisionally allocated you a room. Then from May onwards you will get a formal offer. You have 14 days to accept or decline the offer. If you accept the offer then you enter into a legally-binding contract with the university, and you will be asked to pay a deposit within 10 days. Once the deposit is paid then your place in halls is secure.
    So yes, you have a room allocated for you now but in theory I think they could change it. Once you've paid the deposit the room is definitely yours. I'm not sure how this fits in with results, because I had an unconditional offer, sorry! Hopefully someone else will be along later who knows more than I do
    thanks that makes much more sense... and yeah i don't see where that would fit in with results either. hmmm maybe they will just pay back the deposit if we don't get in. i shall have to wait and see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlotteCoster)
    thanks that makes much more sense... and yeah i don't see where that would fit in with results either. hmmm maybe they will just pay back the deposit if we don't get in. i shall have to wait and see
    Initially you are sent a provisional hall offer. When your place has been comfirmed (after results) you get sent a formal offer and it is only then that you pay your deposit.

ReputationRep:
    Well going by the flow chart I have, when it says "Hall accepted" that means that whichever hall it is has provisionally allocated you a room. Then from May onwards you will get a formal offer. You have 14 days to accept or decline the offer. If you accept the offer then you enter into a legally-binding contract with the university, and you will be asked to pay a deposit within 10 days. Once the deposit is paid then your place in halls is secure.
    So yes, you have a room allocated for you now but in theory I think they could change it. Once you've paid the deposit the room is definitely yours. I'm not sure how this fits in with results, because I had an unconditional offer, sorry! Hopefully someone else will be along later who knows more than I do
    in the same boat then as u. already got the unconditional offer for the degreee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smarty)
    in the same boat then as u. already got the unconditional offer for the degreee
    What subject are you doing? I'm doing Environmental Science.

ReputationRep:
    What subject are you doing? I'm doing Environmental Science.
    finance and investment banking, complete other direction

ReputationRep:
    accepted by Wantage today. Ideal. Don't get why some people see it as post or stuffy though, 124 a week is the cheapest catered there is, maybe the stuffy reputation will shift to the new halls or something.

ReputationRep:
    Woah, how much is this deposit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h-star)
    Woah, how much is this deposit?
    £200

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grotbag)
    £200
    Oh ok, that's not too much, do you have to pay this when you get told which accommodation you are in or after you meet your offer?

ReputationRep:
    Yay, mine is now "Macd Accepted"

I presume I now have a provisional place in Dunsden =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h-star)
    Oh ok, that's not too much, do you have to pay this when you get told which accommodation you are in or after you meet your offer?
    After you meet your offer you'll be sent the formal offer of accommodation (it is provisional until you meet your offer) and you have about 2 weeks or so to pay the deposit or you lose your hall place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grotbag)
    After you meet your offer you'll be sent the formal offer of accommodation (it is provisional until you meet your offer) and you have about 2 weeks or so to pay the deposit or you lose your hall place.
    Oh ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    anyone else on the "mac accepted" flex?..

anyy takersss? x

ReputationRep:
    Just got Mac Accepted

ReputationRep:
    Got worried when everyone else was getting "Mac accepted" and now mine has changed too woop woop!

ReputationRep:
    Hey future potential buddies!

I've been accepted into Wantage anyone else going there? Or I'm guessing I've been allocated a room... is that what 'WTG Accepted' means?

Bring on freshers week!

ReputationRep:
    Pat accepted!!!!
    woopwoopwoopwoopwoopwoopwoop!
    :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surfer24em)
    Hey future potential buddies!

I've been accepted into Wantage anyone else going there? Or I'm guessing I've been allocated a room... is that what 'WTG Accepted' means?

Bring on freshers week!
    hey!! ive also got wantage accepted hopefully ill now get my conditional grades!! . what subject are you doing? got a little scared of the rooms we'll be put in being 1st years in new court, the pictures Ive seen however look fine!! love the look of the overall hall, freshers week will be ace. love all the tradition to!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annalizadw)
    Mac Accepted eeeeeeeeeeeee

..just have to get the grades now, fun.

mac accepted?...saaame ...

what course are you studying?xx

ReputationRep:
    Hey there,

I'm new to all this, but have made reading my firm and have applied for halls. But where is the flow chart, you were talking about to see if you've been accepted for your halls choice, im a bit confused.

this has probably been answered before, like everything else but hey ho thanks x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.