Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharStrawfo)
    hey!! ive also got wantage accepted hopefully ill now get my conditional grades!! . what subject are you doing? got a little scared of the rooms we'll be put in being 1st years in new court, the pictures Ive seen however look fine!! love the look of the overall hall, freshers week will be ace. love all the tradition to!
    xx

Congratulations!! you have got a place at the best hall of residence at Reading! if you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me, soon you should receive an email from the warden and I giving you some more information... in the mean time get excited because you are going to have the most awesome time ever and Freshers' week is not that long away!! Good luck if you have got exams coming up x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hhan)
    Hey there,

I'm new to all this, but have made reading my firm and have applied for halls. But where is the flow chart, you were talking about to see if you've been accepted for your halls choice, im a bit confused.

this has probably been answered before, like everything else but hey ho thanks x
    The flow chart I have is just a piece of paper, I can't remember where I got it but I assume from the open day. It might be somewhere on the accommodation section of the Reading website but I don't know, sorry it just outlined the application process so if you've already applied then it wouldn't really help you much anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hhan)
    Hey there,

I'm new to all this, but have made reading my firm and have applied for halls. But where is the flow chart, you were talking about to see if you've been accepted for your halls choice, im a bit confused.

this has probably been answered before, like everything else but hey ho thanks x
    The flowchart is on this page, if you scroll down, under the 'Applying for a place in Halls' heading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeadCouncillor)
    Congratulations!! you have got a place at the best hall of residence at Reading! if you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me, soon you should receive an email from the warden and I giving you some more information... in the mean time get excited because you are going to have the most awesome time ever and Freshers' week is not that long away!! Good luck if you have got exams coming up x
    Thankyou so much, I am so excited . I didnt (slightly stupidly) get get chance to visit wantage but love what I have heard so far, hence why I applied! I was wondering if u have any possible pictures on new court and the rooms in wantage? if not, any further information on what the rooms are like? as ive heard some saying they are horrible?? xxx thankyou I I hope the exams go well to!

ReputationRep:
    got into st georges. bit expensive, student loan isnt even enough. XD but i got my ensuite woohoo! (im picky)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grotbag)
    The flowchart is on this page, if you scroll down, under the 'Applying for a place in Halls' heading.
    thanks grotbag..
    and dont worry gap year girl thanks for your help anyway x

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I haven't received any info about choosing the accommodation, should i have by now? Im not sure what im meant to do :confused:

Thanks,
    ed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edmarriner)
    Hey, I haven't received any info about choosing the accommodation, should i have by now? Im not sure what im meant to do :confused:

Thanks,
    ed
    Exactly like me! I never received any information about accomodation. I even rang them and they just told me it had all been sent out :confused: I suggest you just find out about accomodation via the website and what people say on the forums.

When you're ready, log into the Reading portal via this website (https://www.risisweb.reading.ac.uk/s...d/run/siw_lgn). Your Username is on the top of your offer letter, it's roughly a seven digit number. Your password is your date of birth written as DDMMYYYY. Click on the accomodation tab once you are in and apply that way.

I really hope that helps x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharStrawfo)
    Thankyou so much, I am so excited . I didnt (slightly stupidly) get get chance to visit wantage but love what I have heard so far, hence why I applied! I was wondering if u have any possible pictures on new court and the rooms in wantage? if not, any further information on what the rooms are like? as ive heard some saying they are horrible?? xxx thankyou I I hope the exams go well to!
    I'm afraid i don't have any pics i can show you of new court, but rest assured they are pretty reasonably sized rooms compared with other halls in the uni, they all come fully equipped, you can make them your own with decoration, and New Court is well known for its crazy parties - it is the place to be for Freshers. If you still have concerns why not come on our open day on 18th June and come and see for yourself, guaranteed you will love it here! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beautifique.)
    Exactly like me! I never received any information about accomodation. I even rang them and they just told me it had all been sent out :confused: I suggest you just find out about accomodation via the website and what people say on the forums.

When you're ready, log into the Reading portal via this website (https://www.risisweb.reading.ac.uk/s...d/run/siw_lgn). Your Username is on the top of your offer letter, it's roughly a seven digit number. Your password is your date of birth written as DDMMYYYY. Click on the accomodation tab once you are in and apply that way.

I really hope that helps x
    Thankyou very much ill sort that out later tonight

ReputationRep:
    how do people know whether their accommodation requests have been accepted or not?

Sorry for all the silly questions x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hhan)
    how do people know whether their accommodation requests have been accepted or not?

Sorry for all the silly questions x
    You can see whether it has been accepted yet on your online application thing. The status will change to accepted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GapYearGirl)
    You can see whether it has been accepted yet on your online application thing. The status will change to accepted.
    thankyouuu x

ReputationRep:
    what if you dont want your 3rd choice, which is what has been offered to me... ?

also since i have an unconditional offer to reading, why is the offer for the halls not officially ready for me to confirm?

anyone in the mac cresent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peterpie)
    what if you dont want your 3rd choice, which is what has been offered to me... ?

also since i have an unconditional offer to reading, why is the offer for the halls not officially ready for me to confirm?

do you mean dunsden crescent...as that was my first choice.

I'd say probably ring the accommodation office, to find out what your next move is?....
    They may suggest finding your own accommodation or something like that? x

ReputationRep:
    has anyone else been accepted by stenton? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peterpie)

Contact the accommodation office, but usually if you reject the offer they give you then they will tell you to find your own private accommodation instead.

I have an unconditional offer too, but they have not started giving out the official accommodation offers yet. Apparently they will start to send them out in 3-4 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cait1234)
    has anyone else been accepted by stenton? x
    i just checked and i've been accepted by stenton! just need to get the grades now...

ReputationRep:
    joining in on the 'this has probably been asked' theme - if you've been accepted to a hall and you had it as your second choice does that mean you were rejected from your first?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gib87)
    joining in on the 'this has probably been asked' theme - if you've been accepted to a hall and you had it as your second choice does that mean you were rejected from your first?
    I guess thats probablyy the case yes.
    But I don't think they've sent out the formal application replies yet, so its provisional at the moment I think, or so others have said x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.