Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    wooo i think i got Stenton!! its says accepted so i probably do, i know its not confirmed but i don't think its likely to change. can't wait to check it out. The words Enhanced, Ensuite and New were all i needed to see lool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OnyxNation)
    wooo i think i got Stenton!! its says accepted so i probably do, i know its not confirmed but i don't think its likely to change. can't wait to check it out. The words Enhanced, Ensuite and New were all i needed to see lool.
    and don't forget the 4ft wide beds! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bumblebee111191)
    and don't forget the 4ft wide beds! haha
    oooh yeah haha that too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gib87)
    joining in on the 'this has probably been asked' theme - if you've been accepted to a hall and you had it as your second choice does that mean you were rejected from your first?
    See this is what I dont understand assuming probably a vast number of people who have conditional offers get better or worse grades than they expected and therefore dont go to Reading, there will surely be lots of spare spaces in each of the halls, including your first choice accomadation. Surely then you should be given priority to fill these spaces in your first choice if you still want too :?

ReputationRep:
    see i cant figure out why i got offered my 3rd choice.. i already have my grades unlike some other people here.

never mind! i hope there is a good bunch of people in the cresent...

maybe they are putting slightly older 1st year students there?

ReputationRep:
    hi i've just tried to apply for accomodation through the risis link provided in my email but when i try to apply i get a 'session token invalid' message. any one else had this problem or is the site just down on weekends?

also im aiming to go for the new mackinder/stenton halls but from what ive read on here demand sounds quite high. should i get in if i applied now? because if i dont i might go mad haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammsmartt)
    hi i've just tried to apply for accomodation through the risis link provided in my email but when i try to apply i get a 'session token invalid' message. any one else had this problem or is the site just down on weekends?

also im aiming to go for the new mackinder/stenton halls but from what ive read on here demand sounds quite high. should i get in if i applied now? because if i dont i might go mad haha
    I had the same problem earlier when I was trying to check my application. I assume the system is just down, but if it's not working tomorrow you should probably email the accommodation office.

Also, I think if the hall is full then they remove the option from the application form, that's what I've heard from others who have applied recently. Quite a few people were put off by the prices of Mackinder and Stenton though, so hopefully there will still be spaces. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Right the system is up and running but it doesnt seem like there is any places for mackinder whatsoever

theres places for stenton but they are for an enhanced en-suite and i've heard the hall will still be under contruction throughout the year?

also what are the chances that i will be able to change my accomodation come freshers week?

all help appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Right the system is up and running but it doesnt seem like there is any places for mackinder whatsoever

theres places for stenton but they are for an enhanced en-suite and i've heard the hall will still be under contruction throughout the year?

also what are the chances that i will be able to change my accomodation come freshers week?

all help appreciated
    Well that sucks. Stenton and Mackinder, all rooms are classed as enhanced en suites though so its the standard rooms still left. Yeah Stenton is only part complete but the front part of it (the bit nearest to the centre of campus will be done!)
    I reckon you may be able to change but it is unlikely because others will be given priority for example those who get a place through clearing who can't get a place in halls straight away.

Stenton looks just as good as Mackinder so I don't think you have much to worry about

ReputationRep:
    Out of sheer nosiness, what halls are still listed and have places available?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icegemsf)
    Well that sucks. Stenton and Mackinder, all rooms are classed as enhanced en suites though so its the standard rooms still left. Yeah Stenton is only part complete but the front part of it (the bit nearest to the centre of campus will be done!)
    I reckon you may be able to change but it is unlikely because others will be given priority for example those who get a place through clearing who can't get a place in halls straight away.

Stenton looks just as good as Mackinder so I don't think you have much to worry about
    Okay thanks to be honest im not too concerned about whether its mackinder or stenton but on the application site its only offering me a 39 week residency when i really need a 31. is it possible to change this on arrival?

Sorry for all the questions but i've left it a bit late and getting a little stressed by it haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grotbag)
    Out of sheer nosiness, what halls are still listed and have places available?
    Stenton, St Georges, Silby, Hillside, Martindale, Bulmershe, Windsor, Dunsden and St Pats.

Cant be arsed to list the catered and wash facility options, sorry

ReputationRep:
    Stenton, St Georges, Silby, Hillside, Martindale, Bulmershe, Windsor, Dunsden and St Pats.

Cant be arsed to list the catered and wash facility options, sorry
    No worries, I know them anyway. Ta.

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks to be honest im not too concerned about whether its mackinder or stenton but on the application site its only offering me a 39 week residency when i really need a 31. is it possible to change this on arrival?

Sorry for all the questions but i've left it a bit late and getting a little stressed by it haha
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?
    You need to contact the accommodation office, they are very friendly and helpful. Just telephone 0118 378 5555. That's the number on the website so I assume it's the right one. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had their accomodation offers through yet? Mine has shown accepted for ages now and I thought that offers would be going out a month ago. I see they published pricing now so I am not sure what is holding mine back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nukemben)
    Anyone had their accomodation offers through yet? Mine has shown accepted for ages now and I thought that offers would be going out a month ago. I see they published pricing now so I am not sure what is holding mine back!
    same, mine is still not under "offers" but it's been rsg accepted for atleast 2 weeks now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GapYearGirl)
    You need to contact the accommodation office, they are very friendly and helpful. Just telephone 0118 378 5555. That's the number on the website so I assume it's the right one. Good luck
    Yeah do this. Although I reckon they require a certain amount of 39 weekers so that they get enough money to start covering the costs of building work. They may make an allowance though so it would be a good idea to ring them up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ella37)
    same, mine is still not under "offers" but it's been rsg accepted for atleast 2 weeks now.
    Mines been showing up as accepted but i havent had a letter or anything yet..does that answer your question? lol x

ReputationRep:
    Is your course offer conditional or unconditional? Because if it's conditional apparently you won't get your accommodation offer until results day, when your place is confirmed.

I've got an unconditional offer but no accommodation offer yet, they said it'd be 3-4 weeks two weeks ago so I guess now it'll be 1-2 weeks until they start sending out offers

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.