Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GapYearGirl)
    Is your course offer conditional or unconditional? Because if it's conditional apparently you won't get your accommodation offer until results day, when your place is confirmed.

I've got an unconditional offer but no accommodation offer yet, they said it'd be 3-4 weeks two weeks ago so I guess now it'll be 1-2 weeks until they start sending out offers
    Unconditional here as well. 1-2 more weeks it is then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharStrawfo)
    hey!! ive also got wantage accepted hopefully ill now get my conditional grades!! . what subject are you doing? got a little scared of the rooms we'll be put in being 1st years in new court, the pictures Ive seen however look fine!! love the look of the overall hall, freshers week will be ace. love all the tradition to!
    xx

Hey, sorry it's taken me so long to reply, I'm busy in Australia! ooh why we're you scared about the rooms in Wantage? I didn't actually get to go inside when I looked around, I just fell in love with the outside! Hopefully our rooms will be nice... I'm doing geography, and had an unconditional offer as I'm on my gap year and already had my grades. What about you? I can't wait till october!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icegemsf)
    Yeah do this. Although I reckon they require a certain amount of 39 weekers so that they get enough money to start covering the costs of building work. They may make an allowance though so it would be a good idea to ring them up
    Rang them and there is nothing they can do at this time. They put me on the hall change list though and told me write what I would prefer in the notes section. Fingers crossed and thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammsmartt)
    Rang them and there is nothing they can do at this time. They put me on the hall change list though and told me write what I would prefer in the notes section. Fingers crossed and thanks for your help
    Oh awesome sounds positive then No worries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nukemben)
    Unconditional here as well. 1-2 more weeks it is then.
    did u get the offer? im still waiting for mine , although im unconditional

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what Halls still have spaces available? Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamreed)
    you can log in and see on reading student portal?
    I'm unsure myself!

ReputationRep:
    there really aren't many left, i choose mine end of last week and there were only 3 or 4 choices left.

ReputationRep:
    Is there spaces left in Stenton do you know?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been made an offer yet? They said mid-May but that's well past. My status says accepted by Wessex but I haven't had an actual offer yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d.b.asf)
    Has anyone been made an offer yet? They said mid-May but that's well past. My status says accepted by Wessex but I haven't had an actual offer yet.
    I dont think you get a formal offer until results day.
    hope that helps x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d.b.asf)
    If you have an conditional offer then you won't get your offer until after results day, like Hhan said. If you've got an unconditional offer then you should hear something soon ish, if you look on your Offers section in the accommodation website thing there's a message basically saying be patient!

ReputationRep:
    Is there spaces left in Stenton do you know?
    when i applied there were (i applied there lOl)

ReputationRep:
    I only received my offer about a week ago, I'm unconditional studying history with archaeology and really need to sort my accommodation out. I'm still not sure where to apply though! I know this has probably already been asked but what is the liveliest (as in goes out the most, best banter etc), self catered accommodation? I'm really stressing about doing this so late :s help!

ReputationRep:
    Well the thing is, there really isn't much choice left - i think about only 3 halls. it might be easier to go on the accomodation site and start the application to see what is available. you can always save the application whilst you think about which halls you want to put first. that way you don't choose a hall and find its not on the list.

ReputationRep:
    The problem is that it was only a few days ago that I firmed my offer so I haven't had an application form or anything yet. Is there any way I can apply without one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jes182)
    The problem is that it was only a few days ago that I firmed my offer so I haven't had an application form or anything yet. Is there any way I can apply without one?
    You don't get a paper form, the application is online. You should have had an email from the accommodation office with the details, email them and they will send it to you

ReputationRep:
    On my offer thing it says I've been accepted by my hall, but it doesn't say what one! Os the same for everyone or is it just me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Varciani)
    On my offer thing it says I've been accepted by my hall, but it doesn't say what one! Os the same for everyone or is it just me?
    Have you got an actual offer or are you talking about the application status page? Because mine says Mac accepted, as in Mackinder, and other people have abbreviations of the other halls. I haven't had an offer yet though. You could always contact the accommodation office and check which hall it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smarty)
    did u get the offer? im still waiting for mine , although im unconditional
    Nope, still just accepted by hall. I have just logged in to check the offers page which used to read "You have no Offers". Now it reads "WE MAY HAVE PROVISIONALLY ALLOCATED YOU A PLACE IN A HALL (PLEASE SEE YOUR APPPLICATION STATUS) BUT WE HAVE NOT YET MADE YOU AN OFFICIAL OFFER. CONDITIONAL UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS WILL NOT RECEIVE AN OFFER UNTIL AFTER A-LEVEL RESULTS HAVE BEEN RELEASED. OTHER STUDENTS WILL RECEIVE THEIR OFFER IN DUE COURSE, PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH US."

So it looks like they are working on it! :woo:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.