Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Haven't seen many other people who have St Georges as halls :s

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry too much about it Courtenay,
    I just checked last years St.George's Thread and i only met 2 people who were on here while living in St.George's.
    I mentioned this website to my flatmates and no one had heard of it/used it.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone else got this

'Congratulations on achieving the conditions of your offer! We look forward to welcoming you to Reading at the start of your course.You will be receiving information shortly about how to enrol online, using this portal - from 1 September. In the meantime, you might want to check out useful information about the University, the Students' Union and the town of Reading itself - see the links on the Useful info page.'

so right now i can sit back and wait till i get more info right?

ReputationRep:
    HEY, i'm on the Wantage waiting list (exciting!) and they rang up and said i would probably be accomodated there because they only put you on the waiting list if they think they'll have room for you, but i haven't heard anything yet, and it still says i'm on the waiting list.
    has everyone else been accepted or declined already??
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    Looks like I'll be in Mackinder halls. i have no clue what they look like,i can't even remember them being built on the open days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pugwash)
    HEY, i'm on the Wantage waiting list (exciting!) and they rang up and said i would probably be accomodated there because they only put you on the waiting list if they think they'll have room for you, but i haven't heard anything yet, and it still says i'm on the waiting list.
    has everyone else been accepted or declined already??
    thank you
    You'll get a room - loads of people drop out for various reasons.

How I got my room, even though they had to place me since I'd met my offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusfox)
    You'll get a room - loads of people drop out for various reasons.

How I got my room, even though they had to place me since I'd met my offer.
    thank you, that's good to know! x

ReputationRep:
    hi, i got an offer now under the portal.
    but i don't understand how we're suppose to accept the terms and condition?
    at the moment i cannot click on "proceed to accept"... it says:

If you are happy to accept this offer of accommodation please read the terms and conditions, tick to confirm that you have read and understood them and then click Proceed to accept to continue. If you do not want to accept this offer click Proceed to decline.
    where do i tick this??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ella37)
    hi, i got an offer now under the portal.
    but i don't understand how we're suppose to accept the terms and condition?
    at the moment i cannot click on "proceed to accept"... it says:

If you are happy to accept this offer of accommodation please read the terms and conditions, tick to confirm that you have read and understood them and then click Proceed to accept to continue. If you do not want to accept this offer click Proceed to decline.
    where do i tick this??
    There should be a tick box near the bottom?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by albion-mad-nick)
    There should be a tick box near the bottom?
    :facepalm: didn't realise there were more below. *fail*
    haha. thanks!

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm: didn't realise there were more below. *fail*
    haha. thanks!
    No worries

ReputationRep:
    is it just me, or does the website where we were told to pay our deposit doesn't work?
    i'm thinking if i should just send a cheque or to wait for the page to work so i can pay via card.

ReputationRep:
    is it just me, or does the website where we were told to pay our deposit doesn't work?
    i'm thinking if i should just send a cheque or to wait for the page to work so i can pay via card.
    I think there is a scheduled outage on a lot of the uni's websites today, try again tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshRhys)
    I think there is a scheduled outage on a lot of the uni's websites today, try again tomorrow
    okay thanks. i'm scared i won't be able to pay the deposit on time so i'm constantly checking the page.

btw, i think i've been given an extended ensuite (in st george's), what exactly is the difference? it's £8 more per week so it must have its perks.

ReputationRep:
    okay thanks. i'm scared i won't be able to pay the deposit on time so i'm constantly checking the page.

btw, i think i've been given an extended ensuite (in st george's), what exactly is the difference? it's £8 more per week so it must have its perks.
    I've just checked and the site seems to be back up again so you might want to try now

I dont't really know much about st georges tbh but I think the room will be slightly larger, or it might be in one of the newer blocks so all the furniture and the shower might be a bit nicer. All I do know is that one of my mates has stayed there and had an awesome time so I'm sure you will too!

ReputationRep:

Hey Ella,
    I haven't seen the extended ensuite rooms in St.George's but have seen the extended none-ensuite and there is about an extra metre in your room. It doesn't sound alot of more room but one of my friends had one and it made the rooms less claustrophobic (like most student rooms are). If you've got the money to do it it's really nice to have, especially in exam period when you're in your room 24/7.

Congrats on getting your place in Reading and George's by the way.

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshRhys)
    I've just checked and the site seems to be back up again so you might want to try now

I dont't really know much about st georges tbh but I think the room will be slightly larger, or it might be in one of the newer blocks so all the furniture and the shower might be a bit nicer. All I do know is that one of my mates has stayed there and had an awesome time so I'm sure you will too!
    thanks i checked too! i'll pay it early in the morning tomorrow.
    i don't think it'll be in a new block since it says on my offer, st george's. i didn't even apply for the new ones (mackinder and stenton??), which i'm quite regretting.. they're cheaper than st george's and they've got bigger rooms!
    i hope it'll be fun too! i haven't seen a lot of people who got into st george's here in tsr.

(Original post by CJCaerdydd)
    Hey Ella,
    I haven't seen the extended ensuite rooms in St.George's but have seen the extended none-ensuite and there is about an extra metre in your room. It doesn't sound alot of more room but one of my friends had one and it made the rooms less claustrophobic (like most student rooms are). If you've got the money to do it it's really nice to have, especially in exam period when you're in your room 24/7.

Congrats on getting your place in Reading and George's by the way.

x
    hmm a metre more would be quite a bit. i've already been offered this i think (although my offer only says "single ensuite".. ) so i guess i'll have to accept it, or no accommodation for me!
    it's a lot of money though. they're charging me just around 5600 for the rent, and that's only for 40 weeks. Reading sure is expensive.
    and thank you! i barely got my place as i missed the requirement grades. :o:

ReputationRep:
    anyone got into st patricks? im so excited about it, it looks so pretty

ReputationRep:
    After reading this thread I'm a little bit worried that everyone else has already been asked to pay deposits on their accommodation. I applied for student village and the portal says my application has been accepted (it changed from on the waiting list to this), however in the offers section it still says that I have no offers yet. Is anyone else still at this stage? I wouldn't normally be worried its just the fact that everyone else seems to be paying their deposits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clare.is.rice)
    After reading this thread I'm a little bit worried that everyone else has already been asked to pay deposits on their accommodation. I applied for student village and the portal says my application has been accepted (it changed from on the waiting list to this), however in the offers section it still says that I have no offers yet. Is anyone else still at this stage? I wouldn't normally be worried its just the fact that everyone else seems to be paying their deposits.
    I'm still on a waiting list, so I wouldn't worry too much! I'm just worried because it means I can't enrol as I think you need a term time address to do it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.