Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by todaystonight)
    Just applied for mackinder, stenton then St georges hope I get stenton or mackinder!
    Haha snap!

ReputationRep:
    1) Wessex 2) St Georges 3) St Patz 4) Wantage 5) Wantage (without basin )

ReputationRep:
    Not many applying for Dunsden then?

ReputationRep:
    Put Mackinder down for first choice

ReputationRep:
    In the end i put Mackinder then Stenton then Wessex!

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone!!
    have Reading firmed for Psychology BSC yayyy

have applied for : 1. Wantage, 2. St.Patricks, and 3. Dunsden

Really want wantage or St.patsss.

who else is applying to wantage then? dont see many on here!! it looks so lovely on the pictures..I hope it ok I do hear the 'new court' where 1st years stay isnt that nice but that the hall has a great community. hope its okkk! xx

ReputationRep:
    My status is now "Mac to Approve", which isn't in the key - what does it mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by albion-mad-nick)
    My status is now "Mac to Approve", which isn't in the key - what does it mean?
    It means that the Mackinder people are looking at your application. In the key it says "hall to approve".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyJLS)
    In the end i put Mackinder then Stenton then Wessex!
    They were my order of choices too, woohoo!

ReputationRep:
    now been updated to wantage to approve! xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GapYearGirl)
    It means that the Mackinder people are looking at your application. In the key it says "hall to approve".
    Ah ok thanks, Dunsden is part of the Mackinder development I think so that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Whys everyone picked Mackinder over Stenton? Is there really a difference? I chose Stenton because its closer to the lake and thus a bit closer to my lectures....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignHoney)
    Whys everyone picked Mackinder over Stenton? Is there really a difference? I chose Stenton because its closer to the lake and thus a bit closer to my lectures....
    Yeah they are pretty much the same. I chose Mackinder over Stenton because although Stenton is nearer to the centre of campus, it will only be part complete when we go there so I was worried about the possibility of disruptions. Wouldn't mind being in either though

ReputationRep:
    I chose Mackinder over Stenton because it's bigger... and Stenton might be a bit noisy from the construction i thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by albion-mad-nick)
    Not many applying for Dunsden then?
    Well I did try to! I filled out the form at about 4. Then went back to it at 6, wanted to change something and went to alter the form and Dunsden has disappeared. So I wondered if they had reached their full capacity or something It was only going to be my third choice but even so was a bit annoying!

ReputationRep:
    How longs the wait between the application going to hall to approve, and the hall being approved or not?

ReputationRep:
    I think you wait until you get your results.... fun fun fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icegemsf)
    Well I did try to! I filled out the form at about 4. Then went back to it at 6, wanted to change something and went to alter the form and Dunsden has disappeared. So I wondered if they had reached their full capacity or something It was only going to be my third choice but even so was a bit annoying!
    Ah, glad I sent mine off at just gone 10am then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by todaystonight)
    How longs the wait between the application going to hall to approve, and the hall being approved or not?
    Mine took a month or more to approve, but I applied in February so I don't think they started looking at them straight away. The website says they'll start sending offers out in May so I guess it'll be before then.

ReputationRep:
    St Pat's is my first choice just gotta wait a reply. is there any like facebook group or anything for prospective people in the Pat's halls '10? eee so excited!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.