Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi, i would like to apply to bristol university in order to do a secondary history pgce, but on their websit for entry qualifications they only stated that you need a degree - but didnt state what class, and im ure they dont let anyone on the course, im either expected to get a 2.1 or a 2.2, what do you think my chances are, what degree class boundary normally gets a place there?

ReputationRep:
    well the unis i've applied to have all asked for 2:2 or above, but every uni is different. however, i imagine most unis will ask for this, but its worth ringing the uni to ask them, but if you're gonna get a 2:1, 2:2 you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    what unis have you applied for if you dont mind?

ReputationRep:
    UEL and South Bank, have had an interview at UEL and they specified a degree of 2:2 or above, but South Bank don't specify on their site. However when I phoned them they said they only consider 2:2 or above, so I think you should phone Bristol just to check if you can.

ReputationRep:
    I was looking into doing a PGCE after my degree. Can you apply to as many places as you like? It's ages away yet, but I'm interested in the application process. Is it similar to UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    do you think bristol would consider a 2.1 or 2.2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MDEH8176)
    I was looking into doing a PGCE after my degree. Can you apply to as many places as you like? It's ages away yet, but I'm interested in the application process. Is it similar to UCAS?
    It's actually run by UCAS... www.gttr.ac.uk. You can only apply for four places though, and institutions look at your application in turn, so getting an application in early really is very important!

ReputationRep:
    When I was at my PGCE interview at Bristol there was a guy who had achieved a 2:2 and had been invited to interview, so they certainly do consider applicants with 2:2s, but I don't know whether he got a place or not.

But it does mean they won't just rule you out if you haven't got a 2:1

This was for Secondary Geography by the way.

ReputationRep:
    thank you for answering my question

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.