Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    On this video im making, any suggestions and questions will be helpful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzmXTuw8L2k

EDIT: To all the douche bags saying i know nothing I'd just like to say that im not alone. I have team with me of teachers ( each with degrees)
    and surprising I know a gd few docotors /med students whom i talk to often. They are more than happy to help me

Im not making a video with 0% knowledge. course ill get help

the idea is that to make it easier to understand for the undergrads and lower age groups

ReputationRep:
    erm as an applicant how the hell are you going to answer questions on medicine.

ReputationRep:
    Ask an A-level student about a course he has never studied?

Nah thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Bore on. :no:

(Original post by zazamak)
    On this video im making, any suggestions and questions will be helpful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzmXTuw8L2k
    Good luck with it OP. Focus on the medical application process, your thoughts and feelings about it and it could certainly be useful for some people.

ReputationRep:
    cringe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Ask an A-level student about a course he has never studied?

Nah thanks.

That may be so BUT BUT BUT I have connections to meidcal students/ already doctors

I know them.

and i have Dr in my school (not medical, but their degrees vary over a large set of stuff)

ReputationRep:
    Are there hopes university admission tutors will watch that video and be impressed?

ReputationRep:
    good for you for setting this up.

people seem to hate it on this site if you have an opinion on a subject outside you degree. it makes me laugh because i bet few of the people above could make a video that good.
    also isnt medicine and the treatment of the ill a team effot that most of the time involves a very small ratio of medics; nurses, police, social workers, nhs managers, the patient, their family, the goverment, nutritionists, physios, OTs, HCAs.... all people who most likey have never studied medicine yet they all work with or know doctors, and a lot of the time have better understanding of some processes.

OP i think it is a good idea and wil be very helpful providing you back up your findings with good solid evidance.
    i wish you well with the project.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TENDYRAAA!)
    Are there hopes university admission tutors will watch that video and be impressed?
    It would certinaly be a different way to get noticed

OP if you want people to believe what you are talking about seen as you dont have a degree you need to refrences it to reliable sources

ReputationRep:
    That may be so BUT BUT BUT I have connections to meidcal students/ already doctors

I know them.
    So do I. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    It would certinaly be a different way to get noticed

OP if you want people to believe what you are talking about seen as you dont have a degree you need to refrences it to reliable sources
    oh dw

Im not pulling facts out my *** Ill be using sources to back me up

ReputationRep:
    oh dw

i think she was just trying to be helpful.
    if you want help then being rude to those who are helping you is not is your best interest.

ReputationRep:
    oh dw

Jesus christ i was just trying to help and i mean use books etc as websites such as wikipedia etc are not considered reliable at degree level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    Jesus christ i was just trying to help and i mean use books etc as websites such as wikipedia etc are not considered reliable at degree level.

lol dude i wasnt angry at u lol i just dont like saying the word ass w/o censorship

and i was just assuring you that the sources shall be reliable

and thanks for head up

ReputationRep:
    looooool you think this is going to help your UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    As you have never attended a medical school or (i assume) been through the application process before, how can you really preach to people about how to get in... maybe you should wait until either you have beeen through it or have a medical degree and then you can offer some real help and advice, because otherwise its just guesswork.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt you know any more than me or the other medical applicants do. Don't waste your time by telling people what they already know!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILikeTheGame)
    I doubt you know any more than me or the other medical applicants do. Don't waste your time by telling people what they already know!!!

seriously The questions arent just about medicine, it can be the scientific media in general sheesh....

did you listen to the video

I just want to go on and do medicine

ReputationRep:
    seriously The questions arent just about medicine, it can be the scientific media in general sheesh....

did you listen to the video

I just want to go on and do medicine
    Is it not easier for people to just start a thread on TSR or New Media with their question? I don't mean to be that offensive but you're kinda assuming/hoping that you're opinions are going to be incredibly interesting. Let's say you make a video on stem cells, are you just going to repeat what everyone else is saying or are you going to come up with some original insight which isn't already found on the mainstream debate? Save the hassle man. Don't be a Max Gogarty.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.