Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Exams you can/can't sit in Sixth Form watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I was wondering if anybody knows if you can take an exam in your sixth form/college if your center teaches the subject with a different exam board. I am doing the OCR Advancing Physics B course in college at the moment (my center teaches this course). I would like to resit my AS and possibly A2 Physics with the CCEA exam board as it is a much easier syllabus. My center doesn't offer any exams by CCEA and never has done. Do you think I would be able to to sit the CCEA exam in college?
    I would ask my exams officer but he is too hard to contact.
    I would find any advice helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timiop2008)
    Hi. I was wondering if anybody knows if you can take an exam in your sixth form/college if your center teaches the subject with a different exam board. I am doing the OCR Advancing Physics B course in college at the moment (my center teaches this course). I would like to resit my AS and possibly A2 Physics with the CCEA exam board as it is a much easier syllabus. My center doesn't offer any exams by CCEA and never has done. Do you think I would be able to to sit the CCEA exam in college?
    I would ask my exams officer but he is too hard to contact.
    I would find any advice helpful.
    You'll need to ask your exams officer, they're the people that know as it varies from centre to centre

ReputationRep:
    As long as they are willing to enter you. If this is not the case, then you will need to find a centre who offers the specification in question and is willing to accept external students. It is worth noting that it is not possible to take exams as both an internal and external candidate during the same exam session.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.