Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it 'against the rules' to answer a different question than you've been taught?.. watch

ReputationRep:
    Here's the thing, I'm retaking 2 papers (from the old syllabus). And I'm on OCR if that makes any difference.

One of them is Themes in History, where we've done Germany from 1815-1914. The other, we learnt Gladstone/Disraeli but I've just noticed that one of the topics is 'Bismarck and the Unification of Germany'...I read tons on that last year because it was my main preparation for Oxford interviews, and I feel like I could answer those questions much better.

Obviously there's a slight cross-over in that they carry some of the same material, so I was wondering if anyone knows of any rules about which questions from which papers you're allowed to answer? I'm pretty sure there aren't (the theme of the topics is different, just some of the events and material is the same), but if anyone's heard anything different I'd be grateful if you let me know!

ReputationRep:
    In one of my Religious Studies exams we only learnt 3/4 area's and had to answer them 3 however I had learnt all 4 but got told I had been entered for only the 3 we had learnt so wouldn't get marked if I answered the uncovered topic? Don't know if that was my school just being arkward or? Maybe your teacher could help

ReputationRep:
    No you can answer any question you want on the paper.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 13, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.