Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I started uni doing law in September 09, and have now decided its not for me, and want to swap to midwifery! Does anyone know how I go about this?

    Also, does psychology count as a science for it? Sorry for the stupid questions

    • PS Helper

    PS Helper
    Not entirely sure how you go about changing.....I believe you'd have to speak to your uni (if you're still doing the law course) to leave (you may well still have to pay this years fees and rent) and apply through UCAS again for midwifery. I've gone through all the reasearch into entry requirements for midwifery, because that's what I wanted to do before choosing social work, and psychology does count as a science in quite a few universities, but for some of the top ones like Southampton, it doesn't and you'd need biology or human biology. Still, it's worth checking with individual universities and seeing if they'd consider it.

    It's not as simple as just 'swapping' to midwifery....the 2 subjects aren't related....you will have to go through the application process again, even if it's for the same uni. You'd have to start at the time other students were beginning the course, as you can't just come onto the course part way through. You'll need to have an interview and CRB check (even if you've already had one for law). You might also have to take some simple maths and reading tests, even if you got good GCSE/A level grades
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.