Turn on thread page Beta

AQA Maths Statistics 1B Jan 13th 2010 watch

ReputationRep:
    anyone else do this? i was resitting from the summer. i thought generally it was a doddle, but was unsure on the one question where it asked you how many bags of flour would you have needed to gain an accurate sd? apart from that it was generally ok.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm isn't the general rule 30?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longorefisher)
    Yeah I put 31.

I don't think I did very well in the probability question, but what amazing names Rita, Said and Ting :lol:

ReputationRep:
    i wasnt sure, but i gambled with 30. heres hoping...

ReputationRep:
    I put 30

ReputationRep:
    omggg i put 30!! but i reckon they give a range of reasonable answers. like 30 - 40

I initially though 12 because i calculated with 12 bag of flour to begin with, but i checked and knew it has to do something with a sample > 30.

i guess i have 1 mark out of the paper lmao

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get a probability of 0.999 near the start? Thought it was a bit strange..

ReputationRep:
    ^
    yup i sure did, but i wasn't sure on the probability questions it wasn't hard on the rest though, just comments are hard for me & that explanation question on the confidence interval

ReputationRep:
    GUYS ! My teacher told me,1 question in the paper that i am sure everyone have wrong
    First question,i think last part. It was with normal and i think he gave us sample so i made standard deviation s/(n)^1/2. But she told us that we should do somethin gin the power of 6,cause he was asking for the mean of one,or something like that

ReputationRep:
    ^ That was the probability that the event happens on each of the first six occasions.

So that's just the original probability to the power of 6.

ReputationRep:
    Bye to those 3 marks then!

ReputationRep:
    i did (x-mean) / (s.d/ root 6). is that not right then???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Trooper)
    Did anyone else get a probability of 0.999 near the start? Thought it was a bit strange..
    Yeah I got that then realised it was completely wrong...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edmhaslam)
    i did (x-mean) / (s.d/ root 6). is that not right then???
    Guess not :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam92)
    Yeah I got that then realised it was completely wrong...
    Hmm...What was the correct probablility - I had to leave mine at 0.999xx as I couldn't find the fault.

ReputationRep:
    i got 0.999 and for that question my teacher said the answer was 30....what did everyone get for the confidence intervals?

ReputationRep:
    i got 0.999 and my teacher told me the answer to the other one was 30 but what did every1 get for there confidence intervals...i got 9oo and something and the other one was ove 1000 but other people have said theres were both over 1000 which is kinda worryin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paula3412)
    i got 0.999 and my teacher told me the answer to the other one was 30 but what did every1 get for there confidence intervals...i got 9oo and something and the other one was ove 1000 but other people have said theres were both over 1000 which is kinda worryin
    I think it was 1003, 1017.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam92)
    I think it was 1003, 1017.
    I agree with this

ReputationRep:
    I agree with this
    And me

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 28, 2010

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.