Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone on TSR dislike chocolate? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I apologise that this seems like an odd question to ask, but I dislike chocolate and have always felt really left out - the vast majority of people either really like it or, if they don't go out of their way to find it, eat it when offered happily enough. Out of a fairly wide range of acquaintances, I'm the only one who would turn down, say, a slice of chocolate cake because I don't like the flavour. I can eat it - if it was a friend's birthday cake or the only food in the house, for example - but don't take any joy in eating it.

However, it stands to reason that, out of six billion people in the world, I cannot be the only one who dislikes chocolate ... so I thought I'd turn to the widest community I'm part of to ask if anyone here shares my view of chocolate and, if so, we could all come together to discuss the worst variety, bemoan at the popularity of chocolate as a gift and despair of that eternal question, "You don't like chocolate!?"

ReputationRep:
    does sometimes count? my grl alwys try feedin me eat i resist loll dont realli like it

ReputationRep:
    I don't dislike it, just rarely eat it.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    I know a TSR'ian allergic to chocolate

ReputationRep:
    i love it, but too much= stomach ache!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone likes chocolate, freak.

ReputationRep:
    I don't dislike it but it's not like my favourite thing to eat.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a huge fan, makes my gums hurt sometimes, don't know why. I rarely eat it.

ReputationRep:
    I dislike milk chocolate and dark chocolate but not glorious white chocolate.

ReputationRep:
    I dont dislike it, but I know its bad for my teeth, so I try to avoid it

ReputationRep:
    Nobody has to like any food, or anything, in life.

Taste is always relative anyhow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex5383)
    Everyone likes chocolate, freak.
    This!!

ReputationRep:
    :zomg: I couldn't ever dream of not liking chocolate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    I apologise that this seems like an odd question to ask, but I dislike chocolate and have always felt really left out - the vast majority of people either really like it or, if they don't go out of their way to find it, eat it when offered happily enough. Out of a fairly wide range of acquaintances, I'm the only one who would turn down, say, a slice of chocolate cake because I don't like the flavour. I can eat it - if it was a friend's birthday cake or the only food in the house, for example - but don't take any joy in eating it.

However, it stands to reason that, out of six billion people in the world, I cannot be the only one who dislikes chocolate ... so I thought I'd turn to the widest community I'm part of to ask if anyone here shares my view of chocolate and, if so, we could all come together to discuss the worst variety, bemoan at the popularity of chocolate as a gift and despair of that eternal question, "You don't like chocolate!?"
    I don't dislike it particularly i just prefer sweets and cake - i don't like chocolate cake - i find it too chocolate-y - so you're not alone...sort of :p:

tho having said that i do love strawberries and chocolate and would consider getting married purely because you get massive chocolate fountains at wedding receptions quite a lot - mine will anyways

ReputationRep:
    I could swim in the melted stuff :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I love it! :sogood:
    More than pie! and that's a lot :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    i don't like milk chocolate or some bad dark chocolate, and i hate praline and nutella which everyone seems to love, nor do I like chocolate cake unless it's a small rich piece of the stuff made with nibs. I like vegan white chocolate because it doesn't taste of condensed milk but instead cocoa butter and vanilla, and I like dark chocolate, ie. more than 70%.

ReputationRep:
    I only like dark chocolate
    I dont really like milk chocolate and absolutely hate white chocolate

ReputationRep:
    oh yep i prefer sweets-starburst, fizzy cola laces and rainbow belts, sweet popcorn, crepesssss

ReputationRep:
    Well today my sister was making cookies with her buddies, and 1/3 of them had no chocolate-chips in them and I was like "wtf?", turns out one of her friends doesn't like chocolate... that just defeats the point of a cookie.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.